The Student Room Group

I pierced my own ear

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1secondsofvamps
She couldn't afford to get it professionally done so she did it herself. It didn't get infected but the first time she did it her mum made her take it out. It was only the other day that she re-pierced it herself

Claire's does it for free (although I think you do have to buy some of their earrings)

Tbf I wouldn't risk Claire's; bad reputation for hygiene
Oh really? I'm quite lucky then because the claires I go to are fairly hygienic, got my first and seconds done there with no infections
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Oh really? I'm quite lucky then because the claires I go to are fairly hygienic, got my first and seconds done there with no infections

You are quite fortunate then. I personally would be wearing silver earrings if I ever went there haha
It's a troll. You'd have to be ****ing insane to try and pierce your ear with a screwdriver.

Though I do know a couple people who pierced their ears by themselves, using a sterilised needle. Screwdriver indeed.
Imagine if OP used a flat head screwdriver!!! :rofl: :rip:
Ngl, I did pierce my upper lobe when I was 14/15. My mum wouldn't let me get it pierced (it looks "cheap", according to her) and I told her I'd do it myself if she didn't let me. I did it with needle, but I later realised that the hole was too small for me to put the earing through.
surely the hole must be quite big if you used a screwdriver ??!!
Not sure if trolling...
My mate piercied both his ears using horseshoe nails back in 9th grade, so I could believe this story but.
LOOOL this reminds me of Tana Mongeau's latest video. She pierced like 7 holes in her ears when she was 12 or something.
Why didn't you just go to Clare's?

I remember when I got my ears pierced. I kept wondering why this guy was holding a gun to my head
Original post by GETTINGEARstab
I pierced my ear at home BY MYSELF. I used a thin screwdriver, it was washed with antibacterial washing up liquid, and then i steralized it with fire. I numbed my ear with cold water and did it once but it didnt go through, it went in but not through. I did it again with more force and it went through, i did touch my ear few times without washing my hands but touched barely anything when i did (only my phone).

Im planning on letting it heal and re-doing it later. But how do i let it heal, do i need to cover it, could i have an infection, are the symptoms of the infect on the lobe only or inside the ear am i safe to wear headphones(not earphones) how long does it take to heal (enough to re-do it) and one more

The screwdriver has possibly had led on it in the past will the burning and washing get rid of the led?

yieeek
My dad pierced my sister ears a few years ago. He bought some sterilizes needles off eBay (that were hollow) to do it with - she said it didn't even hurt!
Reply 32
i’ve pierced my own ears with just an earing several times and they’ve all turned out fine for me

Quick Reply

Latest