The Student Room Group

Can I get into good business unis?

I only got a B in maths for GCSE and for Universities like Warwick, they require at least an A in Maths to do their business courses. Do you think I could get in with great A levels but lower than required GCSEs
Universities aren't normally flexible on Gcse's, either look into resiting if the university allows that or apply to places where you meet the gcse requirement.

Original post by Ineedyouplease
I only got a B in maths for GCSE and for Universities like Warwick, they require at least an A in Maths to do their business courses. Do you think I could get in with great A levels but lower than required GCSEs
Reply 2
Original post by Reaver Daniels
This person doesn't know what they're talking about. Universities do not discard an application if you got a B in maths GCSE, but an A in maths A Level? They're not idiots.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure, but the OP has not stated that they are taking maths at A level....
Original post by Ineedyouplease

unis dont give a flying f*** about your gcse's, A Level IS where it's at.
I'm sure that if you're doing A-Level Maths and e-mail Warwick, they'll be happy to make a conditional offer (e.g. AAA with A in Maths) otherwise they're pretty strict on GCSE Maths at Grade A (presumably to show you can keep up with the stats modules). Warwick aside there are tons of other great business unis that will take you with a grade B in Maths (e.g. Aston, Bath (No1 in UK supposedly) Manchester, Birmingham, Lancaster, Loughborough etc!). Hell if you're doing A level maths and have grade A you can go to LSE which I believe to be the best Management degree in the country (if you can tolerate London living costs).

To summarise, yes, you can get into top Business universities with your grades (as long as you can get AAA-ABB).

Good Luck!
Reply 5
What do you think for London School of Economics?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending