The Student Room Group

Reasons to Welcome Refugees

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-bier/syrian-refugees-paris_b_8577480.html

For those of you who think that a few hundred 'bad' refugees, out of OVER A MILLION, is reason to turn our backs on them:

The vast majority of rapists are white. Should be deport white people?

Who knows what these refugees have suffered. PTSD, etc. I'm not saying it excuses rape, but its something to bear in mind before saying "OMG Muslamic people are so violent". Do you know what happens to British veterans after war? A lot of them turn to crime, because the authorities turn their backs on them. Lets not do the same to refugees.

Think about it. The vast majority of the refugees HATE Daesh, because they are the reason they had to flee. Its ridiculous to think that they would support Daesh.

It even makes economic sense to let them in! If you invest in their education, then they will start contributing towards society.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22730383-800-why-welcoming-more-refugees-makes-economic-sense-for-europe/

Even if it didn't make economic sense, Europe is huge, and can bear the tiny burden. 1 million refugees, in a continent of over 500 million? Drops in the ocean.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
You dont understand what you are looking at and your argument is flawed. The reason there are more white offenders in that list is because numercially there are more white people in the UK. On that basis they are obviously going to be a higher % of the prison population.Provide the figures per 10,000 populations so you compare like with like.

Your argument is also flawed because you ignore the fact that this country is in a position to allow who it does and doesnt let in. It already has enough people so to say the fact that they arent sex offenders is not a good enough reason to accept more. Many simply do not want more people because of the cost and impact they have on the country.

Notwithstanding that I would like to see faster processing of asylum claims so genuine refugees cna be identified and economic migrants can be deported as quickly as possible.
I can understand where you are coming from and I believe that the UK should be doing more to help refugees, however I must say I completely disagree with the 6th spoiler down the bottom, the effects of rape can last a lifetime too.
Love is patient,love is kind. These are people who desperately need our help.
Wrong section, should be moved to international affairs/ UK Politics.
Original post by queen-bee
Love is patient,love is kind. These are people who desperately need our help.

When hasn't there been?
No thanks. Typical hippy/liberal/commie garbage.

Let other countries support them. We have no obligation to help the feral hordes who want to get into the UK.
Reply 7
There are not 1 million refugees - most are economic migrants. Those and their arrogance I will never accept (a quick YouTube search on what's happening in Greece will show lucidly what I mean). Most refugees are content with Turkey, which is a safe country, but I don't mind Europe taking in people who are actually fleeing war.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Nice one on the whole a good post but to say rape only lasts seconds is a bit stupid because the effects last a life time.
Its simple. The reasons against outweigh the reasons for.and Don't even get me started on your retarded logic regarding that data table you showed.. Learn to analyse please

Most people coming into Europe are illegal migrants with no identification who are not escaping death but moving out of will. It's a choice. Just ask the president of afghanstan, even he has no respect for these people who choose to run away like cowards. The number of people moving is so vast that the scale of the problems they'd create for us (and are already creating) is incomprehensible.

Welcome to deMORONocratic Europe which sh*ts on its own citizens..
Just demonstrates the inherent weakness of the left.
"Rape can last 30 seconds, racism lasts a lifetime". What a truly awful comment to make
Reply 12
"a rape can last 30 seconds but racism lasts forever"----is this a joke? Was it made ironically? Surely it must've been...right? No one is really this demented are they?
Original post by P357
"a rape can last 30 seconds but racism lasts forever"----is this a joke? Was it made ironically? Surely it must've been...right? No one is really this demented are they?
no

unfortunately, there are people who actually are this demented

Quick Reply

Latest