The Student Room Group

Massive accidental lie on UCAS application

I am a nervous perfectionist, I checked through every option every single time.
Now I have ZERO clue how I have managed to say that the UK government has granted me refugee status, when I am in fact, not a refugee.

I know this is the most absolutely absurd mistake, I think it might have been an accident with my scroll wheel, but I have no idea what the **** to do now. I have no idea the consequences if people find out this is just not true.

This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous and I want to punch myself so bad, what do I do man???
Original post by witchsister
I am a nervous perfectionist, I checked through every option every single time.
Now I have ZERO clue how I have managed to say that the UK government has granted me refugee status, when I am in fact, not a refugee.

I know this is the most absolutely absurd mistake, I think it might have been an accident with my scroll wheel, but I have no idea what the **** to do now. I have no idea the consequences if people find out this is just not true.

This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous and I want to punch myself so bad, what do I do man???

Call UCAS first thing Monday morning (UK phone number 0371 468 0 468 / International number +44 330 3330 230) and explain what's happened (they're open 08:30 to 18:00 Monday to Friday). They will update you application.

Then contact each university from which you've received an offer and let them know too. That flag may have made you eligible for a contextual offer, which they may need to replace with a standard offer. If your predicted grades are now quite far from any revised offer, they may simply revoke the offer.

You'll also need to notify any universities from which you're still awaiting a decision.
(edited 1 month ago)
Should be straightforward to just send a scan of your passport to each university to prove your citizenship status (ie not refugee).

Fix on ucas too but this will be used by each university to verify your citizenship status so you will probably need to contact them directly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending