The Student Room Group

The Straight and Narrow path to 4A's at AS-Level

Hi,

This is much for your sake as it is for mine. I've made this thread to help with motivation and to see the study techniques required and the minimal revision needed for an A.
I'll be updating each day with revision or work i have done.

Feel free to post, ask for help or share ideas.

So far my mock examination reports came back as,

Maths - A (70/72, 71/72, 63/72)
Law - A (73/94, 28/30, 30/30)
Economics - A (50/50, 45/50, 63/80, 60/80)
Business - A (64/80 and TBC)

The green is when i achieved higher then expected, the orange is when i achieved less than what i was expecting and the red is when i under achieved.

Revision

Today, i started my revision properly and for the next 4 weeks i hope to achieve everything on the revision plan below. I have 9 exams. On a monday i will do maths combining both C1,C2 and S1 into one day my and the other days will be a unit of another subject.

Last Week of Easter - Rewrite out class notes in accordance to the specification, except maths.
1st week after Easter - Complete 1 Past Paper for each unit with unlimited time and notes.
2nd Week after Easter - Complete 1 Past Paper for each unit with unlimited time and no notes.
3rd Week after Easter - Complete 1 Past Paper for each unit in timed conditions and no notes.
4th Week after Easter (Final Week) - Only revise substantial topics and key points.
Mock results look amazing, keep it up!

Good luck with your revision and exams. :h:
Reply 2
Original post by undercxver
Mock results look amazing, keep it up!

Good luck with your revision and exams. :h:

Thank you!! You too.
Reply 3
Update 4th April 2016

Today i studied maths. I completed 3 past papers and did a few questions for statistics.

These are the results i got

Core 1 2007 - 71/72 - A
Core 2 2007 - 70/72 - A
Core 1 2008 - 68/72 - A (Just rushed it in 50 minutes)

Quick Reply

Latest