The Student Room Group

Do you beep at fit girls?

Scroll to see replies

No because it is embarrassing
Original post by IFoundWonderland
First time I was bibbed I was twelve :moon:

Was wearing leggings and a Tinkerbell t shirt.

Have been bibbed many times I've gone out since. Often accompanied with a rude hand gesture or shouts.

Considering I'm only 19 and this has happened a lot over the last seven years, it's kind of gross - you can't start driving till you're seventeen :s-smilie:.

You must be really fit then.
Original post by Silver Arrow
You must be really fit then.

I live in East London.
Original post by Amellia123
Oh my god what the actual hell.... anyone who does is a first class moron of the highest order.... I thought that and whistling at women on the street had been banned? (thank God)

Banned? Since when?
Banned? Since when?

I don't know, but apparently it is an offence nower days :redface: a lady can report it to the police if it happens put it that way
Reply 25
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

Spoiler

Oh... well as long as you don't find it so funny that you actually take the advice then that's good :smile:.
When you're driving? Let's see you see a fit girl with a thick juicy ass, or some sexy gym chicks, do you beep at them?

Reply 27
Of course. Always gotta let em know future bae is driving by
Yes, and I don't even drive.
Reply 29
So this is what a beep test is?
Nooo don't do this kids, last time someone did, I fell off the pavement :colonhash: :lol:
Stick to the generic whistles, they're not so startling...
Only with consent.

No means no.
No
But i was at the bus stop one cas waiting for my bus
Some guy rolls up in a ford focus and parks in the bus lane
Gets out of his car and attempts chatting up some girl.
He got rejected then went back into his car and drove off

Just another cas day in East London
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Inazuma
Nooo don't do this kids, last time someone did, I fell off the pavement :colonhash: :lol:
Stick to the generic whistles, they're not so startling...

I'd love to do more than beep at you :hump:
last year my friends and I (we were around 15/16) were walking back from town. As we were walking a red car beeped at us and were basically like "yo!" then sort of whistled at us whilst looking at us with their heads poking out the window.

There were 7 of us so I don't think they were aiming it at a particular person. But the thought of guys in their late teens/early twenties beeping at a group of girls is weird. Half of us were laughing at how ridiculous it was and the other half was creeped out.
No but one time me and another guy were on a school trip with this girl. Being popular kids we were sitting at the back at the bus so we made a sign inviting lorry drivers to beep if they wanted to bang her. Surprisingly she didn't actually get that many takers so needless to say we spent the rest of the journey talking **** about her appearance.
Oh my god what the actual hell.... anyone who does is a first class moron of the highest order.... I thought that and whistling at women on the street had been banned? (thank God)

:innocent:
Reply 37
When you're driving? Let's see you see a fit girl with a thick juicy ass, or some sexy gym chicks, do you beep at them?

I've never understood why this is a thing, and cat-calling/wolf-whistling. Like, do people who do it expect the girl to be like 'omg a male has shown interest in having intercourse with me, and regardless of their looks or obvious shallow personality I will grant them this desire.' Lol no. Beeping from a car is even more idiotic, because what, do you want the girl(s) to chase you down in your little VW golf or something so you can do her the honour of having sex with her? Some guys say 'ah but I'm just paying her a compliment.' Soz m8, but a beep is very unspecific and if you really were paying a genuine compliment it would be better received if you actually had skills in human interaction and told her politely through speech. Sorry for the rant, just this kind of stuff really grinds my gears.
Yes. Yes I do.

I don't think it's illegal, but it really is such a pathetic thing to do. I actually stopped talking to someone I met during the first week of uni when I saw them do this. It tells you a lot about their character.

Quick Reply

Latest