The Student Room Group

"Asad Shah death: Man admits killing shopkeeper because he 'disrespected' Islam"

Scroll to see replies

Nutter.

Nice populist **** fest though :dice:

News had been quiet for a wee while.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
This all happened for one reason and no other issues and no other intentions.
"Asad Shah disrespected the messenger of Islam the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. Mr Shah claimed to be a Prophet.

Just as i thought, this had absoloutely nothing to do with Islam

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 Well said
Original post by KimKallstrom
Indeed. They don't seem to get that the normalisation of ostracising Ahmadis created the backdrop for this.

This reminds me, the Ahmadi mosque that burned down in Morden. An Ahmadi guy on Digital Spy pointed out that the Muslim Council Of Britain completely opposed the building of it. Here is from their website at the time stating that Ahmadis are not Muslims:

The head of the MCB - Sir Iqbal Sacrainie - repeatedly stated that they're not Muslims and do not represent Muslims in Britain. Given that the Ahmadis in South London are known for their slogan "love for all, hatred for none" as well as for doing things like poppy collections, other community work and generally being good neighbours, he's probably right.

When the fire happened, the Muslim Council of Britain's website refused to even call it a mosque. This from the same group which claims it is a “non-sectarian body working for the common good without interfering in, displacing or isolating any existing Muslim work in the UK”.

The mosque, by the way, had an airport-style detector at the entrance due to the threats they'd received from other Muslims. An Imam at a mosque in nearby Tooting for example regularly issued fatwas against the Ahmadiyyan community. That mosque in Tooting by the way got loads of funding from the Labour government at the time. The Ahamadiyyans got a lot of crap from extremist Sunnis. Ironically it's often these same extremist Sunnis - like who we see on this forum for example - who cry the most about "Islamiphobia" while showing bigotry themselves.

It's pathetic. If Islam really was a religion of peace, it would be tolerant to everyone.
I'm sorry, I must have forgotten to ask for the relevant legal documents proving that you, or people who feel similarly to you about this, have copyrighted the religion of Islam. Could you please scan them and post them on this thread? Thanks.

Hydeman you speak an awful lot of sense. Get that man a cigar 👌
Original post by JezWeCan!
He died BECAUSE of what he believed in.

That is what is outrageous (in the true sense of the word) about this.

In twenty first century Britain a Muslim man knifed another man to death and stamped on his head (to signify his contempt?) because he was the wrong sort of Muslim. (Or in the murderer's belief system NOT a true Muslim).

And he doesn't deny it, he glories in it. He thinks he is doing the right thing according to a God revealed to mankind and will go to heaven because for it.

And it is not as though this is an isolated example is it?

All over the world self identifying Muslims are killing other human beings in the hope that it will send them to heaven according to a version of the Islamic belief system handed down over the last 1400 years.

I have no doubt it is happening somewhere as I write this.

Why are you in denial? Why can't you face up to this awful reality?

Dude I agree with you. My point was some people (other Muslims) may add their own opinion about the victim not being a true Muslim, as if that was going to justify the act of the Muslim that killed him. I'm saying whether the guy was a Muslim or not shouldn't be used as an excuse to kill him. So Muslims on here that may almost seem like they are condoning such an act by saying the victim was an Ahmediyya and hence not a Muslim are in the wrong.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Becks1989
Hydeman you speak an awful lot of sense. Get that man a cigar 👌

Thank you, I appreciate that. :h:
Original post by KimKallstrom
Ah, the Isoc, Britain First's best propaganda source. The way some of them carried on in that thread about the Swiss school handshake thread was nothing short of hideous.

And risk the Sunni Mandem coming after you?

And some of those who fled abuse continue to get it here from other Muslims.. Revolting

Oh, didn't you get the memo? The only people who have a right to an opinion about a dogma are those who agree with said dogma

It has always been pretty blatant that loads of Muslims get their knowledge from what people like their family, their imams and random Youtube preachers like Zakir Naik tell them. Who was that TSR poster, for instance, who insisted that only scholars and people like Hunwar could shed light on Qur'anic scripture, yet it didn't stop her from shouting "context!" when trying to justify horrific verses (which of course could be justified in any context)?

The amount of Muslims who give that "to kill an innocent person is to have killed the entire world" BS, completely ignoring all the context. Dat irony. Funny, this is in vogue for Muslims to quote that bit..........and has been ever since scumbag Zakir Naik brought it up in one of his seminars. Makes you realise how popular he is among "moderates", which is alarming giving how he's an extremist terrorist apologist. But I digress. The point is that being Muslim doesn't automatically mean you're not talking out your arse when it comes to Islam.

For example:

Ah nah he didn't! Nice knowing you Hydeman :biggrin:

Oh do one, will you. And given your history of coming out with crap like how the Paris attack was a false flag operation (which was utterly disgusting and completely disrespectful to the victims by the way), you've got no right to say stuff like that about people, given how utterly insane your ramblings are sometimes.

Yeah, how dare he not be a lemming and just accept the greatness if Islam without question :rolleyes: it's like some of you lot are in a cult. Oh wait.....:wink:

Hydeman you're having a mare today with missing all the PSAs and memos. Disagreeing with the dogma that somebody believes in is tantamount to calling their mother a whore. You must keep doctrines free from criticism or else face the consequences. This is how enlightened societies work, ya know.:smile:

Well ahmadis are not following a core principle of Islam, it's not just a simple act of drinking wine. Committing shirk technically takes you out of the folds of Islam but if you believe ahmadis are muslim then it is up to you since nothing anyone says will change your viewpoint.

No need to be rude, I already said I am sympathetic to the victim. What else do you want me to do? Not point out a crucial fact you people keep hanging on to? "But he's a Muslim, stop making takfir "... stop trying to use this victims death as an excuse to spout rubbish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
Committing shirk technically takes you out of the folds of Islam

But is it not a major haram to commit takfir (unless you are the prophet) on anyone who professes himself a Moslem? Yet you appear comfortable in doing so.
Original post by Hydeman
So not the same, but exactly the same, really? Makes sense. :erm:

Your above statement doesn't make sense lol
Original post by student.feed
Your above statement doesn't make sense lol

Of course it doesn't -- it's meant to be sarcastic. That's what I put the :erm: at the end for. :tongue:
Original post by Hydeman
Of course it doesn't -- it's meant to be sarcastic. That's what I put the :erm: at the end for. :tongue:

:tongue: Your banter.
Original post by Good bloke
But is it not a major haram to commit takfir (unless you are the prophet) on anyone who professes himself a Moslem? Yet you appear comfortable in doing so.

OK

Almost all Muslims scholars unanimously agree that ahmadis are not Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Ahmadis seem too tolerant and peaceful to be Muslims, perhaps they should rebrand.
Original post by Two R's
Religion of peace.

I'm very eager to see if the mods delete your post just as they deleted mine when I mentioned the same in a similar situation.

I can't believe we aren't even allowed to sarcastically call Islam a religion of peace…
Original post by Life_peer
I'm very eager to see if the mods delete your post just as they deleted mine when I mentioned the same in a similar situation.

I can't believe we aren't even allowed to sarcastically call Islam a religion of peace…

The Mods are a dangerous joke on Islamic issues.

Self censorship plays into the hands of intolerant views and destroys genuine freedom of speech.

I worry for this country sometimes I really do.
Original post by generallee
The Mods are a dangerous joke on Islamic issues.

Self censorship plays into the hands of intolerant views and destroys genuine freedom of speech.

I worry for this country sometimes I really do.

Me too mate. Very sad to see this once wonderful country slipping slowly down the drain 😔
Original post by DiddyDec
#NotATrueMuslim

Posted from TSR Mobile

How weak and pathetic.

A man is not a true man if he doesn't propose and instead asks her to propose to him - but he's still a ****ing man.

No matter how much you try to avoid it - he is still a muslim and he subscribes to the same book you do.
Original post by le_darkhorse
How weak and pathetic.

A man is not a true man if he doesn't propose and instead asks her to propose to him - but he's still a ****ing man.

No matter how much you try to avoid it - he is still a muslim and he subscribes to the same book you do.

You thought I was being serious? **** me.
well how am i to know if you are muslim or not?
Original post by le_darkhorse
well how am i to know if you are muslim or not?

The fact that everyone else got the joke?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending