The Student Room Group

Help with funding for 2nd undergraduate degree

I want to do an MPhys at Manchester University. I stand a good chance of getting the gifted and talented scholarship but that is only £1000. I am a single mum and have Asperger's and get DLA. Can anyone advise how I can fund my studies? I plan to do some part time tutoring as that may help. I am also looking into whether Manchester will let me teach the medical students as I used to work there as a neuroscientist and taught the PBL then. I have been offered a PhD in neurophysics, but I think I would get bored doing this as the physics part is a bit dull.
Reply 1
also can someone advise whether I have posted in the correct part of TSR as I am new here so may have posted in the wrong place, thanks :smile:

just to add I have seen some scholarships for STEM from big businesses but I do not want to work in a business setting. I want to do the MPhys and then a PhD.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by benion
also can someone advise whether I have posted in the correct part of TSR as I am new here so may have posted in the wrong place, thanks :smile:

just to add I have seen some scholarships for STEM from big businesses but I do not want to work in a business setting. I want to do the MPhys and then a PhD.

Manchester offers bursaries and base it off household income and they give up to 3k which my brother applied for. However, I'm not sure if there are restrictions for say just the 1st degree or not. Here's a link with some of the universities stuff, hope this helps http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/student-finance/2015/uk/funding/manchester-scholarships-bursaries/
Benion I feel the same way as you, I gave up and opted for a phd in 3d printing. You must do it for both of us lol
Original post by benion

Look into those big business scholarships some more - they might not actually require you to work with them at all. I have a similar scholarship and there are no requirements to do projects with them or work for them after graduation :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending