The Student Room Group

doing a second degree in Psychology

I am interested in doing a 2nd degree in Psychology. Would I be able to get funding for this? I would be studying part time alongside work.
The current guidance on gov.uk says
'You may also get limited funding if you hold an Honours degree or a higher level of qualification and start a new course. This could be a part-time Honours degree, a joint Honours degree or an Integrated Master’s degree in one of the following (or 2 if it’s a joint Honours degree):

agriculture and related subjects
architecture (if it’s a MArch RIBA Part 2 course)
biological sciences
computer science
mathematical sciences
medicine and allied subjects
physical sciences
technologies
courses leading to qualification as a veterinary surgeon'

Could you please clarify?
I have a BA and an MA in Social Policy.
Ideally, I would do a part time conversion so masters level qualification but I don't think there is any way of getting this funded - I can't see any exemptions for Masters? Could you confirm this?
And whether doing a BSc would be an option?
Thanks
Original post by AbbyG16
I am interested in doing a 2nd degree in Psychology. Would I be able to get funding for this? I would be studying part time alongside work.
The current guidance on gov.uk says
'You may also get limited funding if you hold an Honours degree or a higher level of qualification and start a new course. This could be a part-time Honours degree, a joint Honours degree or an Integrated Master’s degree in one of the following (or 2 if it’s a joint Honours degree):

agriculture and related subjects
architecture (if it’s a MArch RIBA Part 2 course)
biological sciences
computer science
mathematical sciences
medicine and allied subjects
physical sciences
technologies
courses leading to qualification as a veterinary surgeon'

Could you please clarify?
I have a BA and an MA in Social Policy.
Ideally, I would do a part time conversion so masters level qualification but I don't think there is any way of getting this funded - I can't see any exemptions for Masters? Could you confirm this?
And whether doing a BSc would be an option?
Thanks

Hi there,

It would need to be at an undergraduate level to be eligible for one of the exception courses. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending