The Student Room Group

LIVE: Anti-Cameron protestors hit London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
I'm really not that fussed about the whole thing to be honest. It isn't news that rich people do everything they can to avoid tax.

I recognise that too, but when it's someone who is the head of the country & has spouted endless ------ before about cracking down on tax evasion/avoidance then it's a bit different IMO :tongue:
Original post by Inexorably
I recognise that too, but when it's someone who is the head of the country & has spouted endless ------ before about cracking down on tax evasion/avoidance then it's a bit different IMO :tongue:

It wasn't directly him doing it as far as I am aware, it was his late father.
Original post by jblackmoustache
This is the reason why this country is so messed up - The British stiff upper lip. I actually respect people who get out there expressing how they feel rather than these useless people sitting on their arses hating on forums.

Brits need to get out of the stiff upper lip (put up or shut up) mentality. These people have every right to protest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course they have the democratic right to protest. I'm just saying that they are being idiots since they are never going to make Cameron resign when he has been voted in fairly and has not actually broken any laws. Also, having a stiff upper lip is a good thing- we should be patient and only protest if there is someone we feel really strongly about- around 3/4 of the people protesting today are just there because they think it's a bit of fun over the weekend.
Original post by LordGaben
[video]https://www.facebook.com/rob1972/videos/10154110453578000/[/video] Lol. Im Not from a economics background but still find this funny

That's the funniest thing i've heard all week.
Original post by FarageCollage
so there's a guy with an anarchy flag in the crowd
surely david cameron was appealing to an anarchist spirit/civil disobedience by disobeying the law by avoiding taxes though...?
hypocrites

I'm not sure any reasonable description of anarchist politics includes supporting the role of offshore tax havens for the super-rich. :teehee:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I'm not sure any reasonable description of anarchist politics includes supporting the role of offshore tax havens for the super-rich. :teehee:

i.e. - henry david thoreau was an anarchist who opposed paying taxes in favour of civil disobedience.
Reply 46
Original post by Fullofsurprises

There's plenty of anarcho-capitalists who would support that sort of thing. It is peculiar how so-called left-wing anarchists seem to be among the most authoritarian people out.

You could probably find some Objectivists and the like who'd tell you not avoiding tax by every legal method was inherently immoral, as it substituted your responsibility to the state unnecessarily.
No, the difference is that I actually don't care, if I was in their position I would have done exactly the same.

THIS

sums up the real problem with the world, rather than david camerons dad avoiding taxes.
Original post by L i b
There's plenty of anarcho-capitalists who would support that sort of thing. It is peculiar how so-called left-wing anarchists seem to be among the most authoritarian people out.

You could probably find some Objectivists and the like who'd tell you not avoiding tax by every legal method was inherently immoral, as it substituted your responsibility to the state unnecessarily.

I was just saying, it's not likely to be a bedrock principle, I get that various anarchists or people describing themselves as anarchist-influenced are also libertarian towards things like tax collection.
"Dave's not CLEVER, Dave's not BIG, stop ****ing us, like you ****ed that PIG"

Oh, lol wow. :laugh:
It's a shame they didn't break out the water cannons.
Original post by thunder_chunky
It's a shame they didn't break out the water cannons.

It was a shame, but we did get to see the French get tear gassed, so it wasn't all bad.
It was a shame, but we did get to see the French get tear gassed, so it wasn't all bad.

Every cloud....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending