The Student Room Group

Where will you live during academic year/term time address - CONFUSED!

I'm confused about 2 sections on the student finance application.

One asks "Where will you live during the academic year?" For each term I must select either "with parents" or "in own home, halls of residence". I will be staying in university accommodation but still technically living with my mum as I will return home for the holidays. So which option do I select?

Another question asks: "What will your address be during term time?". Again, I am going to be living in university accommodation so do I provide the university's address or my mum's address?

I know I'm being stupid here but I am genuinely baffled.
Reply 1
Original post by Platopus

One asks "Where will you live during the academic year?" For each term I must select either "with parents" or "in own home, halls of residence". I will be staying in university accommodation but still technically living with my mum as I will return home for the holidays. So which option do I select?

Another question asks: "What will your address be during term time?". Again, I am going to be living in university accommodation so do I provide the university's address or my mum's address?

1.own home, halls, residence.
2.university address

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Impressive
1.own home, halls, residence.
2.university address

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!!
The above is right. They don't care about the holidays.

If you're living in halls then state that you'll be living in halls. If you say you'll be living at home then you will get a smaller loan.

For the address you don't have to fill this in yet - it is for correspondence so if you'd prefer your student finance being sent to your mum's still then leave that as your term time address.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
If you're living in halls then state that you'll be living in halls. If you say you'll be living at home then you will get a smaller loan.

For the address you don't have to fill this in yet - it is for correspondence so if you'd prefer your student finance being sent to your mum's still then leave that as your term time address.

Again, I'm being stupid here... The student finance is physically sent to the address I enter? I thought it was sent to the bank account I provided details of.
Reply 6
Again, I'm being stupid here... The student finance is physically sent to the address I enter? I thought it was sent to the bank account I provided details of.

Bank account. (maintenance loan)

Tuition fee goes straight to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Impressive
Bank account. (maintenance loan)

Tuition fee goes straight to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. So is it best if I enter the university address?

The student finance goes to your bank account.

Your tuition fee loan goes to your university.

Correspondence - LETTERS from SLC - will go to the address you list as your term time address if they are sent during term time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending