The Student Room Group

EU citizen (settled status) want to do a Masters in the UK with the Postgraduate loan

Hello, i am a EU citizen but have the settlement status in the UK and have just graduate with a bachelors in a UK university. Been living here for over 13 years.

But, i want to now do a Masters at the same university which would be online and part time and apply for a post-graduate loan with Student Finance UK.

I will remain with a residency address and live in the UK and have a UK bank account.

However, I wish to travel during my studies, sometimes for a few months at a time since it is a remote degree. Am i still eligible for the Postgraduate Loan?

Thank you!
Original post by patricija2001
Hello, i am a EU citizen but have the settlement status in the UK and have just graduate with a bachelors in a UK university. Been living here for over 13 years.

But, i want to now do a Masters at the same university which would be online and part time and apply for a post-graduate loan with Student Finance UK.

I will remain with a residency address and live in the UK and have a UK bank account.

However, I wish to travel during my studies, sometimes for a few months at a time since it is a remote degree. Am i still eligible for the Postgraduate Loan?

Thank you!

Hi there,
Students studying a distance learning postgraduate course will be eligible for a PGM. In order to be eligible:

SFE students must be living in England for the duration of the course but the HEP can be based elsewhere in the UK
EU students must be in England on the first day of the academic year. They must also live and study in England for the duration of their course.
Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending