The Student Room Group

Is 6 foot the new 5'10?

What I mean by this is I've noticed a trend where people seem to lie about their height to the point where everyone's height is extended by two imaginary inches. I'm around 5 10 and everyone at my height seems to claim they're 6 foot and for some reason people seem to actually believe it. There's one guy who was exactly the same height as me when I stood back to back with him, yet because I'm actually honest about my height and he claims he's "6 foot" people actually believe he's taller than me.

Anyone else notice this odd trend? Could this high amount of height frauders help explain why some people think anything under 6 foot is short?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This pisses me off too. But smh 5'10 for girls is too tall but 5'10 for guys is too short???????? :colonhash:
Everybody seems to overestimate height. I've had people call me 5"8/5"9 when I'm actually 5"7. It's a bit like dick size, every guy thinks they're bigger and girls overestimate how big you actually are.
Because some/a lot of women want a man who is tall (blame evolution for that, not society) and arbitrarily impose 6 foot as the cut off between tall and short. It therefore become desirable to be able to say you're 6 foot tall.

I'm 5'9" which is a little less than the average height of 5'10" in the UK and it doesn't bother me. I make up for it with my shining wits and other areas :u:

Spoiler

That's not really where it matters.
Doesn't matter

Got a Napoleon complex

Going to win big
Original post by Lord Samosa
Everybody seems to overestimate height. I've had people call me 5"8/5"9 when I'm actually 5"7. It's a bit like dick size, every guy thinks they're bigger and girls overestimate how big you actually are.

looooooooool im dead tht example tho :biggrin:
You're making me question my height, I thought I was 6"0
I think I'm 5'11 (think being imperative as I've never measured my height) but it pisses me off when guys clearly shorter than me say they're 6 foot. Check your privilege, mate.
Haha this is so true. Every guy online is 6 feet.
If they say theyre 6 feet 98% chance theyre lying. Theres a bunch of articles written on this online. 5 ft 11 guys also like to say theyre 6 ft 1 and 5ft9-10 they round it to 6 feet.
People that talk about height (tall or short) are insecure.
I am 5 - 10, but could not care less if I was 5 - 6 or 6 - 4
Original post by intelligent con
everyone at my height seems to claim they're 6 foot and for some reason people seem to actually believe it.

How many people carry tape measures around with them? Why wouldn't people believe them.

People are notoriously rubbish at accurately estimating height.
I'm 6:1 or at least I was.

Unless I've shrunk since last measuring my height I assume this is still correct.:smile:
Reply 13
I never hear anyone say their height in person, it's only here that everyone seems obsessed lol
I find a lot of people 5'11 round up. But I do know someone who was about 5'10 who once claimed he was 6'0, we still take the piss out of him now.
I can't tell if this is satirical , if you are serious we practically same height :smile:
i measured myself as 5'4 which rounds to 5'5 which is near 5'6.6

5'6.6 is closer to 5'7 than 5'6 so...

but with shoes i am 5'8 however my mate is 5'9 and i swear im same height as him so i guess im 5'9
Original post by Proxenus
i measured myself as 5'4 which rounds to 5'5 which is near 5'6.6

5'6.6 is closer to 5'7 than 5'6 so...

but with shoes i am 5'8 however my mate is 5'9 and i swear im same height as him so i guess im 5'9

lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by intelligent con
What I mean by this is I've noticed a trend where people seem to lie about their height to the point where everyone's height is extended by two imaginary inches. I'm around 5 10 and everyone at my height seems to claim they're 6 foot and for some reason people seem to actually believe it. There's one guy who was exactly the same height as me when I stood back to back with him, yet because I'm actually honest about my height and he claims he's "6 foot" people actually believe he's taller than me.

Anyone else notice this odd trend? Could this high amount of height frauders help explain why some people think anything under 6 foot is short?

I thought this was about paenus size
So you're a guy! Ha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest