The Student Room Group

Weight loss as a teen

Hi guys I’m a teen 14 and I weigh 83kg which is borderline obese. I used to be 96kg at 13 which is obese but I lost weight. I’m sure the way I lost weight wasn’t healthy as it was very quick-14kg in 2-3 months.I still have a long way to go but I find myself In a sticky situation:

1-I lose weight and cut 200-400 calories from a maintenance of 2400 calories. my problem with this being I don’t want to put my growth at harm considering I am a growing teen but the food I eat will be healthy

2- I will eat on a surplus of 200 calories and maybe even gain weight but I will excersises as being on a surplus promotes growth from what I’ve heard. But I don’t prefer this as I am currently obese and I want to get to a healthy weight.

People tell me it’s fine if I stay or gain weight as no one cares and if I want to grow I shouldn’t lose weight- but I am very overweight

Currently I am 5 feet 7.5(170cm) my dad is 6 foot 3(183+cm) and my mum 5 foot 4.

Please give your advice and Thanks for reading, I’m ready to do my best as I know I’m not in a good state weight wise.
Eating 200 calories below maintenance is fine/wont harm growth, it’s only eating far below maintenance or carrying on losing weight below a healthy weight that will

Quick Reply

Latest