The Student Room Group

Why is height such a deal breaker for girls?

So why is it short guys never stand a chance what is wrong with them why do girls want a guy over 6 foot even the girls who are barely 5 feet tall themselves

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They do stand a chance if they are positive. Attractiveness is based on a combination of things and you have to play to strengths and do your best with weaknesses
Reply 2
if you have a great personality you can "pull the chicks" even if you are less than 4 feet tall
Original post by the bear
if you have a great personality you can "pull the chicks" even if you are less than 4 feet tall

and pigs fly lol
I wonder why deluded people like you make up those clear lies, I guess because you don't like reality
Original post by Anonymous
So why is it short guys never stand a chance what is wrong with them why do girls want a guy over 6 foot even the girls who are barely 5 feet tall themselves

Because height is one of the attractive features. It's mainly face and height, personality is secondary/irrelevant

it isn't.
i love short guys.
Women generally prefer a taller guy, I presume because they enjoy feeling physically smaller and they like having a dude who can ‘protect’ them? At least on a subconscious level.

Nevertheless, there are women out there who will date a shorter man, women who aren’t as bothered. My mother is married to my father who is noticeably shorter than her. I must’ve internalised it because I prefer dating shorter guys, I just love it. Especially if they’re shorter than me…short guys are hot :colondollar:
Reply 7

personally i'm not too fussy when it comes to height but i suppose it's because they want to feel safe or protected by someone a lot taller than them, someone they can feel comfortable and vulnerable around or something
Reply 8
As a female, couldn't care less unless you're shorter than me (5'4).

For me, I think it is about not wanting to feel bigger than who you are with. The subconscious motivation or evolutionary biology driving that? Idk. But yes, do not worry, not every girl cares that much about 6'0 factor.

I know this guy that is super charismatic and he is like 5'7 or 5'8. I do not think I have ever seen a girl reject him. So yeah dw (and no you do not need magical seduction or charisma powers he is just an example of how it is not an obstacle unless you think it is)
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 9

This is why Bernie Eccleston never gets with women.
Prince (singer) was 5.2ft. He could easily get women.
They feel better

The only place it's like that is when you try and pull online, dating apps etc. It doesn't happen anywhere near to that same extent in real life.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing it's due to the sheer volume of interest women receive in general (even a plain / average looking woman can receive well over 100 "hits" from desperate / horny men in a week). For sure, those men will be of all different heights, with some of them over 6 foot.

Obviously she's going to choose the best option(s) that's available to her. Like for instance, if you needed a new car and you could get a BMW for the same price as a Ford (for arguments sake they are in the same condition, identical performance etc.), I'm sure you would probably go for the BMW, no?

TBH, it wouldn't surprise me if many of these women only imposed the 6 foot rule, if only to get the numbers down to a manageable amount (a bit like the 2:1 rule for graduate job applications).

I know it's not fair and yada yada yada, but that's life... solution is to meet people in real life where you stand a much better chance of allowing your other qualities to shine through (assuming you've got other good qualities). This can be any of the more traditional means of meeting people so the pub/ club or evening classes.
(edited 7 months ago)
It isn't in real life. This height obsession crap is a mostly online phenomenon by girls who have never even had boyfriends.
Original post by Other_Owl
Prince (singer) was 5.2ft. He could easily get women.

You think his fame had nothing to do with it?
Give us a better example.
Original post by nonchalant-
You think his fame had nothing to do with it?
Give us a better example.

If anything, I'd prefer to think it's his talent that had "something to do with it". There's lots of famous people who women aren't interested in.

Well what about Danny DeVito or Joe Pesci? They're also famous, but neither of them got anywhere near the attention Prince did.

Also, Prince was an introvert; so that's another hurdle he had to overcome... and women loved him; despite those two "impedances".
this is funny :smile: IMO generalisations really don't help when applied to dating - everyone is unique, you are unique, every relationship is unique. Who cares what works for other people?

If you cant see past something as basic as height it will likely be a very superficial relationship

In my younger adult life I tended to prefer tall strong extravert women (the stroppy ones some guys are afraid of). My now wife is average height, very gentle and quiet - the relationship works wonderfully
Reply 17
you would be surprised and disappointed to know that many women dont take online dating apps that seriously. used to live with five attractive women in a houseshare and they used to sit around and scroll through their dating apps just for fun, a past time whilst they're watching telly. as old skool stated above, likely women just put in the height requirement to narrow it down because of overwhelming potential.

in real life it's different, surely. cuz off the top of my head i can think of nearly 10 lads between 5'5" and 5'8" that are smashing
Reply 18
*not celebrities. fellow classmates and work colleagues
Original post by Old Skool Freak
If anything, I'd prefer to think it's his talent that had "something to do with it". There's lots of famous people who women aren't interested in.

Well what about Danny DeVito or Joe Pesci? They're also famous, but neither of them got anywhere near the attention Prince did.

Also, Prince was an introvert; so that's another hurdle he had to overcome... and women loved him; despite those two "impedances".

When you're famous, there's groupies for everyone. There are alot of famous people women arent interested in, who do you speak of?

Prince is 5'2, danity, introverted, and feminine. If he wasn't famous he would've struggled too like all these normal guys. But there's someone for everyone OP.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending