The Student Room Group

4 months of free time - nothing to do ?

I've just finished academic studies for this year, and now I've got 4 months of free time to kill. What should I do ? >.>

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chicken Bacon
I've just finished academic studies for this year, and now I've got 4 months of free time to kill. What should I do ? >.>

Get a job, go on a cheap holiday, maybe do some volunteering :smile:
Reply 2

Get a job?!
You make me and all the other A lvl students very jealous, we got hella exams and no time, give us some of your time pls?
Original post by claireestelle
Get a job, go on a cheap holiday, maybe do some volunteering :smile:

Original post by M14B
Get a job?!

I want to, but every time I send out my CV's and apply I get nothing. <.<
Original post by ForestShadow
You make me and all the other A lvl students very jealous, we got hella exams and no time, give us some of your time pls?

Really ? I remember back when I was doing A-levels it was pretty chill. I did modular exams though. (this was 3 - 4 years ago)
I want to, but every time I send out my CV's and apply I get nothing. <.<

What's your previous work experience like? You can always volunteer somewhere to put it on your CV if you've got loads of time on your hands.
Original post by claireestelle
What's your previous work experience like? You can always volunteer somewhere to put it on your CV if you've got loads of time on your hands.

I have been advised against putting my previous work experience or occupation down because it seems to 'prestigious' to get a job in retail.
Reply 8
Go to the gym, learn a language, play video games, watch box sets, go out with your friends, sun bathe, read, get a job or learn a new hobby.
Job, save money , then travel and just enjoy free time.

You could do soemthing really disgusting like make a head start into next years work so you cna be ready for your finals at Easter.
Original post by chikane
Go to the gym, learn a language, play video games, watch box sets, go out with your friends, sun bathe, read, get a job or learn a new hobby.

Might try learning a new language. :smile:

Make a video
Draw
Play video games
Volunteer
Hit the gym

I've just rattled off what I'm going to do anyway haha
I am much older than you :P
I have been advised against putting my previous work experience or occupation down because it seems to 'prestigious' to get a job in retail.

Non relevant experience is better than a completely empty cv.

What was your previous job? I'd say put it on your CV anyway. With retail you just have to keep applying to a tonne of places.
Original post by Jenx301
What was your previous job? I'd say put it on your CV anyway. With retail you just have to keep applying to a tonne of places.

I've worked as a nurse in a dental clinic, and I am a current 4th year dental student.
If I mention that I am a year 4th year dental student, no one would hire me because they know once I graduate I'm quitting the retail job.
Original post by ForestShadow

This is so true ;(:frown::frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I am absolutely amazed this thread has been up for so long and nobody has said 'masturbate'.

Chat has changed. :colondollar:
sleep
Take up a new hobby something that you've never had much time to do before. Read lots of books. Enjoy being free with nothing to do, do whatever you want, whenever you want and make sure to enjoy it while it lasts.

Quick Reply

Latest