The Student Room Group

Help please!

Is this fair?.
So I started my job in the NHS in March and the probation period was for 4 months. During the probation period nothing was documented i.e., me being signed off for work to say that I am competent in doing certain tasks. This also happened to my colleague who started 4 months before me when nothing was documented, and she said this is common because if you do your job, you can just do it so I didn`t think much of it. Then all of a sudden, my manager was removed from the department because she didn`t do her job properly and she also had other complaints made against her. During this whole time 3 of my colleagues made false allegations against me for which I was suspended for 3 months which ended on 17th August. Some allegations were so sick and twisted that it made me throw up.
On the 17th August I had a meeting with the HR and a higher manager who said because of the manager not being present in the department and because of the lack of documentation my probation would be extended for another 2 months. I mean how is that fair that I am being penalized for somebody else’s mistake. I was also told that the allegations were found to be untrue however for me to start I would have to work at another site where there is a manager, and I can potentially work there for the foreseeable future. I now had another meeting with the same team (HR and manager) who advised IT WOULD TAKE ANOTHER 2-3 WEEKS to start and even then, I would be working on a part time basis of 3 days a week and the other two days I can take it as annual leave. Like wth. I want justice but the HR said if you put in a counter grievance it will come to, he said she said. I am so p****d off right now you don’t understand. Firstly, how can somebody wake up one morning and decide to falsely accuse someone, how and why? Secondly why am I being penalized just because a manager couldn`t be bothered to do their job and thirdly why the hell does it take this long to sort sh*t out.
What shall I do. Help me please. Thanks
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending