The Student Room Group

Why do people have naps?

I've never understood this..why people have naps! I'd hate the feeling of wasting half my day sleeping..when I sleep the whole night as well, plus when you wake up don't you get that grouchy morning feeling all over again?! My boyfriends currently having one of his daily naps..and I know he'll probably go to bed about an hour after he wakes up..why not just stay away and power through? Or go to bed early?!

Scroll to see replies

bc they're tired..
Some of us don't sleep that well st night.
because its like being dead for a short while
being awake is exhausting
Original post by defenestrated
being awake is exhausting

But then you have to wake up twice in one day? as if the morning wake up isnt bad enough haha
Reply 6
I think the real question is why wouldn't you have naps haha

For real though, as someone whose perpetually sleepy (despite getting 8+ hours sleep every night if possible), they are a godsend :biggrin:
Original post by smellybelly1991
But then you have to wake up twice in one day? as if the morning wake up isnt bad enough haha

trueee but after a nap you can get up whenever you want, unlike in the morning when there's school or whatever :biggrin:
Reply 8
Not everyone got your energy levels! Some people feel drained more easily and naps put them in a better place. God, u think everyone's body can cope like urs. How ignorant :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bossun
Not everyone got your energy levels! Some people feel drained more easily and naps put them in a better place. God, u think everyone's body can cope like urs. How ignorant :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha selfish, I know! Unless I get my full 8 hours a night i'm a moody **** all day though!
Reply 10
Some people do stressful activities throughout the day, so napping is a way to refresh their mind and also reduce stress. It's definitely not a waste of time.
I've never understood this..why people have naps! I'd hate the feeling of wasting half my day sleeping..when I sleep the whole night as well, plus when you wake up don't you get that grouchy morning feeling all over again?! My boyfriends currently having one of his daily naps..and I know he'll probably go to bed about an hour after he wakes up..why not just stay away and power through? Or go to bed early?!

People which tend to nap are get up about 5 and go to bed at midnight or later.
I usually don't like naps as it feels like a waste but ivebeen awake since yesterday morning so I need a nap lol
Haha selfish, I know! Unless I get my full 8 hours a night i'm a moody **** all day though!

Damn it, don't censor my words!
I tend to have more vivid dreams and a sense of 'where am I?' when I avoid my bedchamber for napping
cos they dont want to study
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
I've just woken up from a nap (well 5 hours) feeling refreshed :biggrin: Although I do feel like I've wasted my day off
I feel more lethargic and groggy AFTER a so called power nap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
I feel more lethargic and groggy AFTER a so called power nap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So do I!
too much energy is used opening our eyes, immediately you feel tired

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending