The Student Room Group

Is she right to publicly humiliate me?

This is abit of a rant. Today I was babysitting my nieces, one in a stroller and a toddler. I took them to town centre and we came across an automatic bubble blower installed in the middle so we’ve stopped there so my niece can play.

My niece loves bubble and enjoyed popping the bubble. She was running around freely and people were walking past. I don’t think she’s causing any trouble and I’m keeping an eye on her and got her out of peoples way if she was blocking someone’s way.

Anyway there’s this lady who keeps shouting from her seat, almost verbally abusing me, saying ‘are you fking serious, get your daughter in a reign or a leash’. She was abit of a distance but she was loud enough for me to hear. I just ignored because I know I wasn’t doing anything wrong and she’s clearly just making a scene for no reason. She then started saying to other people who were walking past that I was neglecting my “children” letting my niece run around and by leaving the pram for literally one second and walking a few step to get my niece. She was literally making it seem like I was negligent, I was just ignoring her because that’s literally not what was happening.

She then got out of her seat and came up to me saying the same thing she was shouting when she was sat down. I then told her that this is a public area, what is wrong with you but before I can finish, she just talked over me, saying “you said it yourself this is public area you should be keeping an eye on your daughter” at this point I was feeling humiliated since she’s created a huge scene and people wer stopping to see what was happening so we just walked off. I had to drag my niece because she didn’t want to leave.

What are your opinion in this situation? Am I right in saying that it was a public area, my niece can run around? I don’t think she was causing any disruption or damages to public property. Or would people walking have been annoyed to come across running toddler?
Reply 1
Fist of all, sorry to hear that, but you are right, that your niece can run around if she is not causing disruption or damage.
That lady is a ****!
The lady doesn't have any right to humiliate you like that!
She sounds like a right killjoy Karen. People only behave like that because deep down they’re bitter, miserable and desperately unhappy.
Reply 3
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
She sounds like a right killjoy Karen. People only behave like that because deep down they’re bitter, miserable and desperately unhappy.

agreed
Reply 4
is she a teenager?
Reply 5
You're definitely not at fault, I'm sure you were watching them, it's not like you closed your eyes and took a nap. The Lady was definitely doing too much, she should not have done what she did. Although you should not have left the public area because I feel like she would get some sort of satisfaction, but at the same time I totally understand why you wouldn't want to be in the same space as her
Reply 6
Original post by Z_GAMER
is she a teenager?

No the lady looks like she was in her 20’s or 30’s.
Reply 7
Original post by Kschu
No the lady looks like she was in her 20’s or 30’s.

she is not mature then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending