The Student Room Group

What is the most intelligent thing you've ever said?

Ive said many intelligent things

including

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

and

The superior man is distressed by the limitations of his ability; he is not distressed by the fact that men do not recognize the ability that he has.

If you google the quotes I came up with it comes up with some guy going under the online tag of "confucius" - thats just one of my aliases dw.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I appear at my most intelligent when silent
What is it like being a try-hard?
"Let's try and down this bottle of vodka"
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Being quiet doesn't make you smart you autistic dinosaur

I know. What I meant was that I am only able to appear clever when I don't talk. As soon as I open my mouth and rubbish flows out, my stupidity becomes evident.
I wouldn't view a person who boasts about their "clever" quotes as intelligent, personally ;-)
Original post by Platopus
I know. What I meant was that I am only able to appear clever when I don't talk. As soon as I open my mouth and rubbish flows out, my stupidity becomes evident.

I can relate on with you on that one haha
Reply 7
Original post by saladays
I wouldn't view a person who boasts about their "clever" quotes as intelligent, personally ;-)

Don't be jealous of my wisdom.
Yer a wizard 'arry *swigs firewhisky*
Lots of people triggered on this thread.
Impossible to say, considering that there's no objective way to quantify and compare the intelligence of statements. In any case, I understandably lose count of/forget about a lot of instances that might be strong contenders.
(edited 7 years ago)
Werk werk werk werk werk see me doubie derp derp derp derp derp.

Genius confirmed.
Original post by Platopus

I know.

I decided to come up with something stupid to undermine the thread.
I actually do have one thing that I said, that every time I think about it I think "YES GIRL!"

So basically I was sitting in my history class, we were having a debate about legislation and something to with the EU. I don't remember exactly...but one guy said "If we loosened up laws in some areas, wouldn't that just solve all these other issues?"

And suddenly I was inspired deeply by Margaret Atwood novel "The Handmaid's Tale", and I said "No, if you lift up peoples freedoms once you will never be able to get them back" and my teacher started nodding and was like "yes, yes that is correct, that is the problem".

It doesn't sound that amazing now, but at the time it was :colondollar: It stopped the whole debate.

THEN :angry: LATER IN ANOTHER CLASS I OVERHEARD THAT GUY WHO I SAID THAT TO USE MY LINE TO JUSTIFY THE SAME DEBATE. :frown:
Well I haven't said anything memorably intelligent..

One thing, however, does come to mind... My Dad is secretary of a small rugby club. One Saturday, there were 3 games arranged but only 4 changing rooms (so 6 teams to accommodate) and they were really concerned about them all getting changed at once. I suggested that they stagger the games so they're in changing rooms at different times, so that's what they did. I was about 12 at the time, and I'm still not sure if I was being clever or if the club commitee were just really dumb :dontknow:
Reply 15
If you google the quotes I came up with it comes up with some guy going under the online tag of "confucius" - thats just one of my aliases dw.
By admitting to an intelligent statement of mine, I may appear to be arrogant. So I stay quiet in order to remain humble. Now, my words stating I am humble can make myself appear to be socially superior to others (like a wiser man) and in some light I may yet again appear to be arrogant. Hence, the paradox...

*Don't worry if you didnt get that :biggrin:*
"As a geologist, I can confirm that this is a rock."
'Brambles are kind of like plants but kind of not plants, right?'

Posted from TSR Mobile
If i hit myself and it hurts and i too weak or too strong?

Quick Reply

Latest