The Student Room Group

Post graduate loans

The course I am interested in is marketed as a Graduate Diploma/MSc.
This is because the first part of the course qualifies for the Grad Dip with the Master dissertation then completed to give the full MSc.

The guidance both on the gov.org site and on the Student loan site indicate that to qualify for a post graduate student grant the "course must: .... lead to a postgraduate master’s degree."

This course does lead to a masters degree (a MSc) but there is the option to take an earlier qualification of the Graduate Diploma if it is not completed (i.e. dissertation not done)

I am concerned that this would be seen as doing a graduate diploma course rather than a full MSc (even if the intention is to complete the full course) and therefore not be eligible for the loan

can you clarify this for me

Thanks

David
Original post by dj-hardwick
The course I am interested in is marketed as a Graduate Diploma/MSc.
This is because the first part of the course qualifies for the Grad Dip with the Master dissertation then completed to give the full MSc.

The guidance both on the gov.org site and on the Student loan site indicate that to qualify for a post graduate student grant the "course must: .... lead to a postgraduate master’s degree."

This course does lead to a masters degree (a MSc) but there is the option to take an earlier qualification of the Graduate Diploma if it is not completed (i.e. dissertation not done)

I am concerned that this would be seen as doing a graduate diploma course rather than a full MSc (even if the intention is to complete the full course) and therefore not be eligible for the loan

can you clarify this for me

Thanks

David

You need to speak to the university offering this course to find out if it will be eligible for a PGL. It will depend entirely on how they record students on the course and send details of the course to SLC as to whether it will be eligible or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending