The Student Room Group

Student finance affect on students reapplying to a new university

Hi i just dropped out of uni after my final term (which ended towards the end of may) since i want to study closer to home in the next year and I would like to know if the student finance tuition and maintenance loans i took out will be payable after you reach the certain income threshold once you graduate as usual or will I have to repay it straight away
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Hi i just dropped out of uni after my final term (which ended towards the end of may) since i want to study closer to home in the next year and I would like to know if the student finance tuition and maintenance loans i took out will be payable after you reach the certain income threshold once you graduate as usual or will I have to repay it straight away and I would like to know if I should reapply as a new student or continuing student
Original post by Rinokamaru
Hi i just dropped out of uni after my final term (which ended towards the end of may) since i want to study closer to home in the next year and I would like to know if the student finance tuition and maintenance loans i took out will be payable after you reach the certain income threshold once you graduate as usual or will I have to repay it straight away and I would like to know if I should reapply as a new student or continuing student

You may be required to repay some of your last maintenace loan installment as it will have been calculated to cover some of the summer holidays. If you haven't officially withdrawn yet, hold off until August. Otherwise, you will repay the rest once you reach the earning threshold.

There is a thread here regarding if you are a returning student or new student. If you start again as a new student, you will be on Plan 5 student loans (which is likely to be more expensive).

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7355242&p
Reply 3
Original post by normaw
You may be required to repay some of your last maintenace loan installment as it will have been calculated to cover some of the summer holidays. If you haven't officially withdrawn yet, hold off until August. Otherwise, you will repay the rest once you reach the earning threshold.

There is a thread here regarding if you are a returning student or new student. If you start again as a new student, you will be on Plan 5 student loans (which is likely to be more expensive).

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7355242&p

Thanks and one more question but would I be considered a new student or a continuing student if I decided to reapply to a different course at a different uni
Original post by Rinokamaru
Thanks and one more question but would I be considered a new student or a continuing student if I decided to reapply to a different course at a different uni

I'm not sure. Try posting the question on the Ask Student Finance England forum:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending