The Student Room Group

OCR: where can I find questions that are like the Specimen paper questions?

and is it worth doing the past years of exam papers for OCR AS level chemistry or is the new specification too different? everyone in my classes seem to be failing in Physics and Chemistry, most not even 40/50% achieved, including myself. I thought I was doing well until we did those papers, meh oh well time to improve, just want to know the most efficient way of boosting my grade to something respectable I guess. I'm well into my revision and have like 20 pages of notes, only have a few of the last topics to revise then I should be ok. Thanks and as a final question, how are you coping/your classes coping with OCR chem this year? (and AQA physics if you take it!).

have a good evening!
Original post by theguywhosaidhi
and is it worth doing the past years of exam papers for OCR AS level chemistry or is the new specification too different? everyone in my classes seem to be failing in Physics and Chemistry, most not even 40/50% achieved, including myself. I thought I was doing well until we did those papers, meh oh well time to improve, just want to know the most efficient way of boosting my grade to something respectable I guess. I'm well into my revision and have like 20 pages of notes, only have a few of the last topics to revise then I should be ok. Thanks and as a final question, how are you coping/your classes coping with OCR chem this year? (and AQA physics if you take it!).

have a good evening!

I think you should do past exam papers as the content isn't TOO different and you will understand what the mark schemes want in order to get the marks. Most of the questions should still be a big help and relevant, and I'm getting set past papers every week by my teachers (OCR) so they think it would help :P.

Quite a lot of my year (we have a big year btw) got roughly 50-60% for the AQA set 2 specimen papers for physics, but my teachers said our exams wouldn't nearly be as hard. Overall, I'm coping okay in physics, my recent exam was a flop though :P.
A majority of my classmates in chemistry dropped about 1-2 grades in that mock so i think everyone is finding it hard. Thought i was doing well until now too :P

Quick Reply

Latest