The Student Room Group

OCR gcse computer science grade boundaries?

I've been aiming for a 9 in computer science and after paper 1 thought it was achievable but just did paper 2 which was diabolical
the grade boundaries for a 9 in 2019 was 69/80 on paper 1 and 68/80 on paper 2 - no way they're this high for 2023???!!! do u have any ideas on what the grade boundaries are going to be like?
Reply 1
Perhaps 65/80 (which is the same as last year's)
Reply 2
i wrote out a whole response, but I've decided to say that the grade boundaries are purely dependent on people's results and that you can't really compare with other pre-covid grade boundaries or exams.
their is always a chance they are still high, i personally didnt find the exam too bad, but the majority seem to have therefore the grade boundaries will likely lower this year, but im talking about a 5(ish) mark decrease, at max and that is an extreme stretch
Reply 3
I found both tests easy but it seems basically everyone else found them impossible, to the point of starting change.org petitions. Boundaries will likely be very low
Reply 4
Original post by xhz
I found both tests easy but it seems basically everyone else found them impossible, to the point of starting change.org petitions. Boundaries will likely be very low

I'm personally quite shocked someone has made a change.org petition. it was a challenging examination for many I'm sure, but students being challenged in an examination is not necessarily the examination board's fault, all content used in the exam is in the OCR specification, therefore, should be teached at school, which therefore becomes the school's fault for not teaching it
Reply 5
Original post by wxterfall
I'm personally quite shocked someone has made a change.org petition. it was a challenging examination for many I'm sure, but students being challenged in an examination is not necessarily the examination board's fault, all content used in the exam is in the OCR specification, therefore, should be teached at school, which therefore becomes the school's fault for not teaching it

This was clearly a very difficult paper, I have been working consistently at a 9 for some time, yet I struggled with this paper! It was a total contrast to paper 1 which was very manageable! The vast majority really struggled it can't be because ALL schools have failed to deliver the curriculum! I'm at a grammar school who have definitely taught us well. Nearly my whole year found this paper really hard, I dread to think how the non-selective schools found it, I feel for them!
Original post by wxterfall

is it sort of the exam boards fault when the exam being sat is completely different and much harder than the practice and specimen ones they have on their website. we've been told to reviser the content and do practice questions and past papers. when the actual exam is far more harder that what weve encountered, its just a bit shocking thats all. i personally didnt find it extremely hard, just a bit more challenging but it was COMPLETELY different to the specimen ones that teachers and students are given

Quick Reply

Latest