The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies Predictions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My spirit is telling me that , controversial issues on abortion will come up or British laws in abortion.
Original post by rosesareblue1234
i only have christian since we do hinduism...

Multi-cultural society: "there is neither jew nor gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in christ jesus"
imago dei- we're all made in the image of god, therefore we are all equal.
Parable of the good samaritan- jesus said to help each other, even you're enemies.
"love thy neighbour"
the golden rule- treat others are you wish to be treated.
Parable of the sheep and the goats- "whatever you did not do for the least of my people you did not do for me"- christian's should help others as they are helping jesus through this.

Relationships: In the decalogue, adultery is forbidden.
"forgive us our sins, as we forgive those against us"- so for example, if your marriage partner has committed adultery, you should still forgive them, stuff like that.
"love thy neighbour"
"til death do us part"- included in christian marriage vows, argument against divorce.

Medical ethics: Jesus told others to "heal the sick" and also to "love thy neighbour"
you could use situation ethics- so, what is the most loving thing to do?
There are many examples of jesus healing people, such as the time when he healed a woman on the sabbath day (a supposed day of rest).
The golden rule (that fits into a lot of topics.)

good luck!

thank you so much
Reply 22
Original post by Rajive
My spirit is telling me that , controversial issues on abortion will come up or British laws in abortion.

I think this might come up too, good job I'm revising it lol
Reply 23
Any predictions for unit 4??
Original post by fatimah9
any one for Unit 4 Islam?

I am, not long left to go!!
Reply 25
The exam went better than expected!! My predictions were pretty much right super happy, how did it go for you guys?
I did unit 4, it was okay 😐
I thought the exam went very well! (Unit 1) the believing in God question was amazing!!
Just hoping I got an A* now :smile:
Exam was pretty good!! I'm now worried that I forgot to cross the question I was doing!
Soon unit 11 😑
Reply 30
Today when I gave Religious Studies Exam
there was a question regarding 1" differing religious views having sex outside marriage " ?
And 2" How does non-religious view the disability "
Can some1 summarize both of these questions ? Plzz specially the first 1 ?
The exam went good! I struggled a little on the Euthanasia question bc i forgot loads of te points.. Also now im worrying about if i ticked the question im doing or not😭😂
Reply 32
Original post by tamanna___
Guys the exam is tomorrow and im really finding it hard ti revise, mainly because i find r.e soo boring.. Im inly doing it because it was compulsary :frown:

how did it go and wha unit did you do??
Original post by DiaSmith
how did it go and wha unit did you do??

I did unit 1 and surprisingly it went really well, for the first time ever i managed to finish on time!!!! But i did struggle a little on the Euthanasia question, other then that i think i may just have scored an A!!
Reply 34
Original post by tamanna___
I did unit 1 and surprisingly it went really well, for the first time ever i managed to finish on time!!!! But i did struggle a little on the Euthanasia question, other then that i think i may just have scored an A!!

i will be doing the life issues tomorrow afternoon... and i like only 2 topics and those early life and prejudice.
Original post by DiaSmith
i will be doing the life issues tomorrow afternoon... and i like only 2 topics and those early life and prejudice.

Ohh! So your doing the full course, well good luck!! I wish you all the best :smile:
Predictions for Unit 8 definitions - for every unit there have only been 2 key words not used so it's very likely they will use them this year:

Rights and Responsibilities:
-electoral processes
-the Golden Rule

Environmental and Medical Issues:
-in-vitro fertilisation
-stewardship

Peace and Conflict:
-just war
-pacifism

Crime and Punishment:
-deterrence
-law
Reply 37
Original post by llama_whisperer
OMG! I'm panicing so hard right now, i keep doing past papers but i keep getting D/C's when I was getting A/A* before! T_T perhaps by some miracle if i keep revising i will get a B grade for both units...

How did you find the exams?!
Anyone doing the Judaism Unit ?
if I don't get above 85% right, I will be gutted. the easiest exam so far.

anyone doing IGCSE Edexcel maths?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending