Take this quiz and post your results.

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
6/10
Reply 2
Original post by joecphillips
6/10

I managed to fail most of them and I am year 11 a grade A student in GCSE English . The sats papers are ridiculously hard for 11-year-old kids.
Original post by joecphillips
6/10

me too... 6/10 some of which were guesses, why do they need to know this stuff? it's ridiculous
10/10
I helped my brother prepare for his SATs so I would've been upset if I scored a lot less
Original post by LewisClothier
me too... 6/10 some of which were guesses, why do they need to know this stuff? it's ridiculous

True. At their age I had no idea what half the terms meant :s-smilie:
I mean I've turned out all right academically so it's not really all that necessary
Sigh the government's trying to beat other countries academically.
8/10 :s-smilie: meh, we had it so much easier... :P
5, RIP
"You scored 8/10. Are you a teacher?"

Spoiler

Reply 9
Original post by JakeAntonyBrown
8/10 :s-smilie: meh, we had it so much easier... :P

I agree I really feel for these kids who have to sit those new sats exams. I would have failed sats exams if I had to answer those types of questions but back in 2011 it was so much easier.
My result would be how many I guessed right lol.
Why are people complaining this is too hard? Of course it is going to be difficult if you haven't been taught it.
4 loooooooooooooooool

i failed sats tho anyway

3a was probably my highest LMAO
6/10- most of it just what I knew from learning German AS :frown: It's the sort of stuff that I wish I was brought up knowing though. Would help so much when learning languages
8/10, but i do languages which helped me a bit. Ridiculous for a SAT test!
i got 8
7/10
Reply 16
7/10. I don't see the need for all this grammatical jargon. So long as you can comprehend the things you read and write in a comprehensible manner, who cares...
Reply 17
7/10...I don't remember learning any of that in year 6 :s-smilie:
8/10
I don't see why anyone would need to know this? I would personally prefer that they went back to reading and writing and then taught a little bit of a foreign language on the side.
7/10 - some were guesses, too.

Why on earth is any of that important? We had, like, two lessons on clauses etc in Year 6 and that's the last I've ever heard it mentioned. I've got full marks on every Englidh test so far without knowing any of that. What a crock of ****.

Quick Reply

Latest