The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology Paper 1 (Monday 16th May ) opinions and question assumptions ?

For me I was pleasantly surprised at the whole paper as they could of asked us a lot more.Just wanted to see what people's thoughts were on the 12m and how you all interpreted them as I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that the wording was strange and nothing like the 3 specimen papers released.
Reply 1
yes I totally agree, hardly any of the stuff from the spec came up content wise... I was partly glad that there was only 2 marks worth on Romanian orphan studies, but also slightly annoyed when things I revised a lot were not included... the wording, especially of the attachment 12 marker and the stm in the msm was weird, and confusing though
Reply 2
Original post by ellendp99
yes I totally agree, hardly any of the stuff from the spec came up content wise... I was partly glad that there was only 2 marks worth on Romanian orphan studies, but also slightly annoyed when things I revised a lot were not included... the wording, especially of the attachment 12 marker and the stm in the msm was weird, and confusing though

quite disappointed to see nothing specific on Bowlby , eyewitness testimony or other larger topics .

Totally agree with the Romanian orphans study as that's one of the few things I struggle to remember .

I just found it wierd that they worded the questions so differently to the specimens released .

I'm hoping paper 2 will be like this paper .
I liked the content (Asch, Multi Store..).
But the 12 markers confused me.. AQA used the term 'discuss' and apparently 'discuss means outline and evaluate' but I was never told that before the test???
omg for the decriptive statistic question did we have to explain how to work them out
i misread it i think and wrote strengths and weaknesses
Original post by Student-007
For me I was pleasantly surprised at the whole paper as they could of asked us a lot more.Just wanted to see what people's thoughts were on the 12m and how you all interpreted them as I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that the wording was strange and nothing like the 3 specimen papers released.

It was definitely a lot different than the specimen papers, in terms of their wording, but I feel they weren't too difficult. I felt as if I had understood the questions (fingers crossed) and I am just hoping to get at least a C/B to pass into the second year, whi8ch I think I have accomplished so far. But, for the wording memory model 12 marker, I wasn't too sure if I wrote the correct thing, as it seemed a lot of other students were a little confused about it. And to be honest, I did start writing about the different types of LTMs first, inc. Clive W. and HM, before realising what it was about xD. How did you feel about the question about 'self-report'? What even is that?
Reply 6
Original post by purejackson_
It was definitely a lot different than the specimen papers, in terms of their wording, but I feel they weren't too difficult. I felt as if I had understood the questions (fingers crossed) and I am just hoping to get at least a C/B to pass into the second year, whi8ch I think I have accomplished so far. But, for the wording memory model 12 marker, I wasn't too sure if I wrote the correct thing, as it seemed a lot of other students were a little confused about it. And to be honest, I did start writing about the different types of LTMs first, inc. Clive W. and HM, before realising what it was about xD. How did you feel about the question about 'self-report'? What even is that?

For the 12m I wrote about the working memory model amongst other things , but talking to people on here I went off on a complete tangent !

I felt that was very sneaky that question and probably caught a lot of people out .
I basically wrote what was being described in the question scenario . E.G a self report is where the participants fill in something using their own self thoughts based on their belief of what's right ( in the scenario it said that the people were asked to rate the ethics and value which is their own opinion )
Reply 7
Original post by scarlett1975
But the 12 markers confused me.. AQA used the term 'discuss' and apparently 'discuss means outline and evaluate' but I was never told that before the test???

Luckily I was always told discuss means outline and evaluate . Our school is big on "command" word in questions and have big displays al over he classroom of what the words mean.

Judging from what people were saying the 12m on memory was about the working memory model . Case studies on HM and KF . Dual task performance etc .

The 12m on the strange situation was an explanation of the study and eval it ( based on what others are saying )
Reply 8
Original post by EXAMSRESS2015
omg for the decriptive statistic question did we have to explain how to work them out
i misread it i think and wrote strengths and weaknesses

Not sure but all I wrote was two more stats and what they would show ? I didn't write how you would work them out 😅
Luckily I was always told discuss means outline and evaluate . Our school is big on "command" word in questions and have big displays al over he classroom of what the words mean.

Judging from what people were saying the 12m on memory was about the working memory model . Case studies on HM and KF . Dual task performance etc .

The 12m on the strange situation was an explanation of the study and eval it ( based on what others are saying )

I had no idea :frown: I only outlined each 12m.
At least on the bright side your school was aware and you've hopefully earned some marks.
Original post by scarlett1975

I feel the same!! The wording completely threw me off and i just ended up evaluating them, and i didn't actually have time to finish the questions:frown: but overall, aside from the twelve markers i thought the paper was okay!
quite disappointed to see nothing specific on Bowlby , eyewitness testimony or other larger topics .

Totally agree with the Romanian orphans study as that's one of the few things I struggle to remember .

I just found it wierd that they worded the questions so differently to the specimens released .

I'm hoping paper 2 will be like this paper .

Yeah, I was disappointed by the lack of Bowlby and definitely eye witness testimonies
the questions were definitely weirdly worded but if paper 2 is the same we will all be more prepared

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending