The Student Room Group

Did you guys find AQA B1 hard?

Scroll to see replies

The question about brain coordination and spinal coordination - WHAT WAS THE QUESTION ABOUT RELAY NEURONE. I think I misread it and have lost 2 marks!!!!!!
Original post by chez01
btw lichens is correct because it is indicator for air pollution and
so is mayfly lava correct because it is an indicator for water pollution
i know these two are definetly correct

No coz it says name an animal that indicates pollution
Original post by Redcoats
The question about brain coordination and spinal coordination - WHAT WAS THE QUESTION ABOUT RELAY NEURONE. I think I misread it and have lost 2 marks!!!!!!

the relay neurone is longer and has less synapses so it takes longer to respond. at least that's what i put
I didn't think it was too hard however they did miss alot out of the specification which was rather frustrating
I thought the exam was easy, next to no science knowledge needed. I'm very annoyed that a lot of the syllabus was not on the exam. Cloning, Fertilisation, Menstrual cycle. I could go on.
There was just something about this years exam; It felt really dumbed down yet oddly worded.
Original post by chez01
btw lichens is correct because it is indicator for air pollution and
so is mayfly lava correct because it is an indicator for water pollution
i know these two are definetly correct

Also the second part the answer was "dissolved oxygen meter" whereas i wrote just "oxygen meter", will i get the mark?
I found the 2012 paper easier than the one we did, and the grade boundary for that was 39/60 for an A*
Reply 27
Original post by Sarah34790
Also the second part the answer was "dissolved oxygen meter" whereas i wrote just "oxygen meter", will i get the mark?

im not sure becuase it didnt ask for a non livin indicator it asked for a living indicatior
Reply 28
Original post by muffindodge
No coz it says name an animal that indicates pollution

basically yh your right it did say that but it also said a living indicator so im pretty sure it will still be correct
THEY ASKED US WHAT AN INDEPENDENT COMPANY WAS. Its not on the specification. Its not even Biology ffs. :colonhash:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chez01
im not sure becuase it didnt ask for a non livin indicator it asked for a living indicatior

What did you put down?
The question about less than 90% of the energy being passed on to the thrush from the snail:

The answer why it was only 66% of the energy lost is because snails do not use energy for warmth as they are cold-blooded so less energy is lost. Additionally, most of the snail is edible so there are no bones or inedible parts (apart from the shell). This means that, while a mammals bones contain energy which can't be passed on through the food chain as they are not consumed, almost all parts of a snail are eaten so almost a lot more energy is passed on. Hence only 66% of the energy is lost instead of the normal 90%
Reply 32
Original post by Sarah34790
What did you put down?

well i wrote lichens and for the second part of the question i wrote air pollution and the thirs part of it i wrote lichens are found where the air is very clean
Reply 33
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
THEY ASKED US WHAT AN INDEPENDENT COMPANY WAS. Its not on the specification. Its not even Biology ffs. :colonhash:

Spoiler

i wrote when the company is not in relation with another company but evryone was complainning about that in my school
Reply 34
Haha a polar bear dosent indicate pollution tho 😂
Original post by muffindodge
well rip me, i just put about lichens and air pollution

Ha same!
Reply 36
Original post by ||TheUnknown||

Spoiler

i wrote when the company is not in relation with another company but evryone was complainning about that in my school
wow, I completely failed! How am I supposed to now why a healthy diet is? And why it's good!
Also, what did you get for the independent company? I just wrote it was a company not linked to others to avoid bias and cheating.
There's an unofficial mark scheme and chat here on TSR :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending