The Student Room Group

edexcel gcse statistics

is anyone doing gcse statistics this year?? how do u guys find it and how do u revise for it?
Original post by anonymous2682
is anyone doing gcse statistics this year?? how do u guys find it and how do u revise for it?

I plan on doing it next year can u tell me what to expect?
Reply 2
Original post by tara_maths55
I plan on doing it next year can u tell me what to expect?

if im gonna be honest for me its pretty easy as its mostly topics you wouldve already done like sampling, mean, median, mode and mostly like research methods. the only tough part i would say is the last topic which is probability but other than that its simple and you can get a good grade in it
if im gonna be honest for me its pretty easy as its mostly topics you wouldve already done like sampling, mean, median, mode and mostly like research methods. the only tough part i would say is the last topic which is probability but other than that its simple and you can get a good grade in it

Ohhhh right okay i looked thru some paper and i saw a longer type 7 marker writing method about sampling or sm? Dyou think theyre hard to learn? Ty btw
Reply 4
Original post by tara_maths55
Ohhhh right okay i looked thru some paper and i saw a longer type 7 marker writing method about sampling or sm? Dyou think theyre hard to learn? Ty btw

the maximum marker in the paper is a 6 marker, but no personally theyre not hard to learn as mostly its comparing data and if youve done sampling in other subjects itll be quite easy for you, ive done sociology and psychology which both include research methods which is exactly like statistics
Reply 5

I am. There's not too much content in my opinion so I created a little book with the stuff you need to learn and use the A-level maths worksheets (because they are so much more available than anything you'll find for gcse stats). And for some topics there are youtube videos, but I would recommend searching for the topics separately because most of them aren't specifically for gcse.
Reply 6

Hi,
Yes I do Statistics from Edexcel. I find it nice actually, the units work so well with Maths in some cases. In terms of revision, as it is such a new course, the only really effective thing available is past papers. I recommend looking at AQA exam questions if you get through all Edexcel papers, as their syllabus is somewhat identical to Edexcel anyway. Earlier on in the year I also used A-Level Edexcel Statistics course on Seneca, and did the learning and quizzes on the stuff that is definitely on GCSE.
the maximum marker in the paper is a 6 marker, but no personally theyre not hard to learn as mostly its comparing data and if youve done sampling in other subjects itll be quite easy for you, ive done sociology and psychology which both include research methods which is exactly like statistics

Ahh okay, thank youuu
Reply 8
Original post by Ionic_Jai
Hi,
Yes I do Statistics from Edexcel. I find it nice actually, the units work so well with Maths in some cases. In terms of revision, as it is such a new course, the only really effective thing available is past papers. I recommend looking at AQA exam questions if you get through all Edexcel papers, as their syllabus is somewhat identical to Edexcel anyway. Earlier on in the year I also used A-Level Edexcel Statistics course on Seneca, and did the learning and quizzes on the stuff that is definitely on GCSE.

omg i didnt know about aqa because the number of past papers is so limited
thank you for letting me know xx

Quick Reply

Latest