The Student Room Group

Let's RIOT Against AQA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SalazarSlytherin
Mad children. Bad at exams and blame it on the exab board. FEED ME :bootyshake: :colonhash:

check social media its not just a minority who have done bad, it does get noticed and marks get changed depending on how bad people do
I'm not an AQA'er... Edexcel IGCSE here.

But.. I feel very strongly about this, its the same with every ****ING gcse, Exam boards love ****ing us around with stupid questions. They make the papers for the sake of it, without testing any of our knowledge

I suggest we burn down every examboard building, destroy the establishment...

Apologies for the profanities :smile:
Reply 42
We should get a petition signed.
its gonna get noticed and if we keep it up marks should hopefuly get changed
Original post by rayestar
I usually have 15mins to spare on my past papers, but in this one, I JUST managed to finish on timeeee

Also, barely any topics came up this year. Only 2 or 3, which didn't really require revision...

same i always finish early on past papers but this one was just stupid
Thank you the paper was so bad. There was no topics in it it was waffle
Itcould have been harder really, on the unofficial markscheme manged to secure 41 marks hopefully thatll at least be an A😭😭
its gonna get noticed and if we keep it up marks should hopefuly get changed
Original post by SalazarSlytherin
Mad children. Bad at exams and blame it on the exab board. FEED ME :bootyshake: :colonhash:

You spend 5 months revising day after day to be asked questions that weren't even on the syllabus. They made some questions literally impossible to answer. yeah. I blame the exam board.
*Bulletzone senses a lot of negative energy in the thread.*
*Reads Posts*
I'm guessing this is not a good time to say I found the paper okay.....
to be honest they put less topics in and mainly focused on 2-3 which i thinks stupid because it should be a whloe rang but they have defiently thought hard about this paper because if ou saw last years it wasnt as much applying topics to real life kind off situations
atleast it was easy
WTF!
so we are told to learn the specification and aqa books to get hight grades then they ask question on an 'independent company'?! whats the point in working hard if all that knowledge isnt in the paper???
Reply 53
Original post by IAmAnTroll
IT WAS 90% application questions, 10% knowledge.

I MEAN WHAT IS THE BLOODY POINT OF IT IF THEY ARE MEANT TO TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

I spent ages revising stuff such as WBC, Fertility drugs, adult cell cloning etc and it didnt even TOUCH upon it? We may as well have not even learnt any of it. This is a disgrace and isn't representable.

YOU HAVE A LOT TO EXPLAIN AQA

LOOOOOOL TRUST ME MAN these lot **** about with our papers just because it's the last time we do the old syllabus like why the **** you bringing in questions to do wi business like wake the **** up we are not doing business studies here 😂😴😩
Reply 55
LIKE SERIOSLY AQA NEED TO LOWER THE GRADE BOUNDARIES ASAP it's not fair on us when we learn a shitload of stuff and only two three questions come up about it and the rest is just like wtf😴
I swear I'm so annoyed, I was aiming for an A* and practically revised every bit of the spec only to find out we were gonna be asked about stupid independent companies and rats drinking alcohol wtf. Looking at the unofficial mark scheme, it seems like I only got 44/45 in the paper.. Hoping the grade boundaries are lowered.
At my school we did Unit 1 Sciences in Year 10, so I can't speak for this particular Biology exam- but I've literally never done a set of all three science exams from a singular year without one of them being kind of messed up (usually Biology), but, fear not, if it's any consolation, Chemistry is usually pretty pips :smile: And they'll likely lower the grade boundaries- some people must get A*
Original post by ChocolateCosmos
I'm not an AQA'er... Edexcel IGCSE here.

But.. I feel very strongly about this, its the same with every ****ING gcse, Exam boards love ****ing us around with stupid questions. They make the papers for the sake of it, without testing any of our knowledge

I suggest we burn down every examboard building, destroy the establishment...

Apologies for the profanities :smile:

its top trending on twitter 88.5k tweets and increasing... im glad its getting noticed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending