The Student Room Group

AQA AS Sociology 17th May 2016

How did everyone find the paper? If i'm honest I found it relatively easy besides the 6 marker as i didn't know what it actually meant by 'policies'.

I also ran out of time and missed the 20 marker but still think i'll be able to get a B if i get 2 2 6 10 and 18 aha :tongue:
Original post by tterb
How did everyone find the paper? If i'm honest I found it relatively easy besides the 6 marker as i didn't know what it actually meant by 'policies'.

I also ran out of time and missed the 20 marker but still think i'll be able to get a B if i get 2 2 6 10 and 18 aha :tongue:

hiya.
I liked that paper I think it went well - apart from the Compensatory education one!:frown: could have kicked myself for not remembering since I'm sure I went over it yesterday doing some final reading :frown: so glad for those amazing 20 mark questions though. really? I found the 6 marker relatively easy - I put: introduction of coursework, reading schemes & girls + boys stereotyping, and feminisation in education - more role models for girls (not sure on that one though) what did you put? annoyed I didn't think of putting GIST. which 20 marker did you miss?
Reply 2
Original post by bizzy_penguin
hiya.
I liked that paper I think it went well - apart from the Compensatory education one!:frown: could have kicked myself for not remembering since I'm sure I went over it yesterday doing some final reading :frown: so glad for those amazing 20 mark questions though. really? I found the 6 marker relatively easy - I put: introduction of coursework, reading schemes & girls + boys stereotyping, and feminisation in education - more role models for girls (not sure on that one though) what did you put? annoyed I didn't think of putting GIST. which 20 marker did you miss?

Hey,
aha i just revised compensatory education before the exam and omg thats s weird haha i wrote introduction of coursework, feminisation of education and GIST!! no one else i know wrote gist so thought it might've been wrong but seeing you say that's reassuring. The question itself wasn't hard but i was just confused with 'policy' as i wasnt sure if it was referring to a law lol.
I missed out the research methods one, i managed to do a quick introduction and a limitation talking about the hawthorn affect but that's it.

For the first 20 mark question, did you balance it out with external and internal factor or just talk about external? I talked about external but then i seen 'mainly' so i thought i had to just use a different point of view lol
Original post by tterb
Hey,
aha i just revised compensatory education before the exam and omg thats s weird haha i wrote introduction of coursework, feminisation of education and GIST!! no one else i know wrote gist so thought it might've been wrong but seeing you say that's reassuring. The question itself wasn't hard but i was just confused with 'policy' as i wasnt sure if it was referring to a law lol.
I missed out the research methods one, i managed to do a quick introduction and a limitation talking about the hawthorn affect but that's it.

For the first 20 mark question, did you balance it out with external and internal factor or just talk about external? I talked about external but then i seen 'mainly' so i thought i had to just use a different point of view lol

ooh thats a coincidence :biggrin: so glad I wasn't the only one who wrote feminisation of education since I wasn't sure that would count - I only thought of GIST when i was out of the exam hall - the questions were rather vague as well I thought :frown: I think a lot of people got confused with the policy/law - have you checked out the sociology forum? they're all talking about that. Ah I put the Hawthorne affect briefly as well - though it was a nice question, so that would count as a point :smile: all I did was try to remember the PET issues... I threw Willis in there as well somewhere.

ah I can't really remember - mine sort of went a bit haywire - I used all external factors, since I went blank, I also mentioned cultural deprivation `theorists`, but since finishing the exam I remembered I forgot to mention any material factors since all i did was define it :frown: I could only remember 1 or 2 sociologists as well so I put Bernstein & Feinstein e.g. argue... just to make my answer look better even if it wasn't right lol :smile:
Original post by bizzy_penguin
ooh thats a coincidence :biggrin: so glad I wasn't the only one who wrote feminisation of education since I wasn't sure that would count - I only thought of GIST when i was out of the exam hall - the questions were rather vague as well I thought :frown: I think a lot of people got confused with the policy/law - have you checked out the sociology forum? they're all talking about that. Ah I put the Hawthorne affect briefly as well - though it was a nice question, so that would count as a point :smile: all I did was try to remember the PET issues... I threw Willis in there as well somewhere.

ah I can't really remember - mine sort of went a bit haywire - I used all external factors, since I went blank, I also mentioned cultural deprivation `theorists`, but since finishing the exam I remembered I forgot to mention any material factors since all i did was define it :frown: I could only remember 1 or 2 sociologists as well so I put Bernstein & Feinstein e.g. argue... just to make my answer look better even if it wasn't right lol :smile:

what were the 10 and 20 mark questions?
Original post by jamesl221333
what were the 10 and 20 mark questions?

oh gosh - I can't actually remember, sorry:frown:it was 6 months ago...
Just checked to see if the 2016 past paper had been put up - haven't found anything though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending