The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Maths Core 1 - 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tajtsracc
It should be 0.5 and positive 41/4 for the translation, shouldn't it?

yh thats right as the Y co-ordinate wasen't in brackets
Does anyone remember what the integration equation after integrating was? 3x4/4 was one of them, right?

Some number* X also, + X^3/3
What do you guys reckon the grade boundaries will be for this paper?
Reply 343
Was anyone else stuck on question 5 about finding the coordinates of B? I was there for ages trying to figure it out. I realised AB would go through C but I don't know if that'll get me a mark or not.
Original post by Jacob120398
What do you guys reckon the grade boundaries will be for this paper?

I reckon:
A=62, B=56, C=50, D=44, E=38
Does anyone remember what the integration equation after integrating was? 3x4/4 was one of them, right?

See attached

Screenshot from 2016-05-18 17-05-06.png
Original post by Jacob120398
What did you get as your radius for the circle? Idk if I screwed that up :s-smilie:

It was 65. Look at my past posts for why - I've attached images.
Just to reassure anyone who has felt that the paper was difficult or that you've done poorly, you can always resit! I did and I'm fairly sure I've aced this paper. Once you've done C3 and C4 papers, C1 is a piece of cake!
Reply 348
Original post by ExamsCauseStress
Just to reassure anyone who has felt that the paper was difficult or that you've done poorly, you can always resit! I did and I'm fairly sure I've aced this paper. Once you've done C3 and C4 papers, C1 is a piece of cake!

Do you simply resit it in the A2 year along with C3 and C4 and the best grade counts or is it the resit that will count whether you did better or not?
Reply 349
Original post by Frazzles10
That was easy it was 9

I remember getting 81 so clearly I forgot to square root my answer, will I only drop one mark for that?
Reply 350
me too

Original post by Hitomi17
That's what I got
Original post by voltz
Do you simply resit it in the A2 year along with C3 and C4 and the best grade counts or is it the resit that will count whether you did better or not?

You resit it in your A2 year and it is the best mark that counts, so no reason to not resit tbh!
For the coordinate of Q, I left it I simplified as -40/32, (which is the same as -5/4) but was wondering if I would love a mark? Was it just worth 1?
*get a mark not love a mark
Original post by ella-1997
Exam was easy overall, but i just couldn't work out question 5)b where you had to find the coordinates of b?? how did everyone do this?

You say that because AB was the diameter it had to go through C. So you say the midpoints of AB are the co ordinates of C and work backwards from there.
Original post by KittyKat97x
(3root5)^2 is 45 right? My mind went so blank 😂

Lol same
Original post by jordanwu
I got root 34 for the radius as well.. I'm so confused.. The centre of the circle was given as (5,-3) so (x-5)^2 + (y+3)^2 = 25+9 .....
same I got root 34 because the only information that was given was the centre so how could you get root 65?!?!
Original post by Calzs34
Could anyone explain how they got 11.25??

I got 27 - 4.25=22.75 ? Was my first bit wrong ?

Area under curve was 81/4
Area under line was 9

81/4 -9
= 81/4 -36/4
= 45/4
Someone remind me what question 6 was.
Original post by Niyi Aderounmu
Someone remind me what question 6 was.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4095491

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending