The Student Room Group

Pre-med course or A100 medicine course

Hi, I applied for four medical schools this year and got rejected from all of them, one of the medical school offered me their pre-med course, which means Ive got an extra year before medical school.

I firmly accepted it and I went to the applicant visit day, everything seems amazing.

But! yesterday, one of the medical school that rejected me emailed me saying that they are offering me a place, A100 medicine course.

I love the pre-med course, they gave me an unconditional offer, but another interview is needed to progress from pre-med year to medical school.

The A100 medical school gave me a conditional offer, Ive done all my exams and I can't say that Ive done well... but i really don't know...

What should I do? :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by anon:>
Hi, I applied for four medical schools this year and got rejected from all of them, one of the medical school offered me their pre-med course, which means Ive got an extra year before medical school.

I firmly accepted it and I went to the applicant visit day, everything seems amazing.

But! yesterday, one of the medical school that rejected me emailed me saying that they are offering me a place, A100 medicine course.

I love the pre-med course, they gave me an unconditional offer, but another interview is needed to progress from pre-med year to medical school.

The A100 medical school gave me a conditional offer, Ive done all my exams and I can't say that Ive done well... but i really don't know...

What should I do? :frown:

I feel like you should accept the A100 conditional offer so you don't have to go through the whole process of doing an interview, etc.
How have you done all ur exams? A2 exams haven't started yet..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Bloom77
I feel like you should accept the A100 conditional offer so you don't have to go through the whole process of doing an interview, etc.
How have you done all ur exams? A2 exams haven't started yet..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your reply!
Yes I think accepting the conditional offer is a rational decision, however, I really like the pre-med medical school.
I have done all my exams, Im from Scotland :smile:
Thank you for your reply!
Yes I think accepting the conditional offer is a rational decision, however, I really like the pre-med medical school.
I have done all my exams, Im from Scotland :smile:

Oh cool, yes I understand
Why don't you insure ur unconditional offer just in case you don't get the grades.
And I think it is better to go straight into med when you have the chance, otherwise it's another long application process to med school. Obviously all up to you.
Have you been to the open day of the A100 med course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Bloom77
Oh cool, yes I understand
Why don't you insure ur unconditional offer just in case you don't get the grades.
And I think it is better to go straight into med when you have the chance, otherwise it's another long application process to med school. Obviously all up to you.
Have you been to the open day of the A100 med course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is what I am planning to do, but I have already firmed the unconditional, so Im not sure if I can change it now... and no, Ive not been invited hahaha... I've been to the open day before applying to medicine.
(edited 7 years ago)
This is what I am planning to do, but I have already firmed the unconditional, so Im not sure if I can change it now... and no, Ive not been invited hahaha... I've been to the open day before applying to medicine.

Ooh okay
You should definitely contact UCAS and ask them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Bloom77
Ooh okay
You should definitely contact UCAS and ask them

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am planning to go to see my guidance teacher tomorrow and ask him whether I can insure my unconditional.
Assuming that I can't insure my unconditional, what should i do?
I am planning to go to see my guidance teacher tomorrow and ask him whether I can insure my unconditional.
Assuming that I can't insure my unconditional, what should i do?

Insure ur conditional
And on results day, you can contact ur conditional and say u wanna go there if u get the grades.
This is possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Bloom77
Insure ur conditional
And on results day, you can contact ur conditional and say u wanna go there if u get the grades.
This is possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

The conditional asked me to reply by next Monday....

Latest

Trending

Trending