The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCl switching med to dentistry

hi, I have an offer from KCL for a100 and I've decided I'd much rather do dentistry. Do you think it would be possible to have them switch the course for my offer? I know other unis do this sort of thing and dent and med have same entry requirement (ie ucat, interview) and I have a really high UCAT.

I am aware the site says they don't do changes pre septmeber but would it be worth calling or emailing? has anyone had a similar KCL experience?
Original post by Gabriella123423
hi, I have an offer from KCL for a100 and I've decided I'd much rather do dentistry. Do you think it would be possible to have them switch the course for my offer? I know other unis do this sort of thing and dent and med have same entry requirement (ie ucat, interview) and I have a really high UCAT.

I am aware the site says they don't do changes pre septmeber but would it be worth calling or emailing? has anyone had a similar KCL experience?

Hi, the courses are quite different, and require different work experience, personal statements, etc. You can contact them, but I doubt it.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Realistically, no. Firstly, as above they have different requirements in terms of work experience and knowledge of the profession. Secondly, dentistry is normally even more competitive than medicine and they will have a whole wait list of applicants who narrowly missed out on an offer that they can use to fill any spots for people that miss their offers. As above, you can ask, but expect to be told to reapply if you want to be considered for dentistry.
Hi were you able to change? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest