The Student Room Group

Aqa law unit 2 *offical thread*

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone find the exam? i thought it went quite well
Reply 141
Original post by NHM
There is application though she just used the wrong name? they aren't going to be too bothered about that!

the conclusion of the application would be different. there was no proximity, as dan gave the food to euan, so there was no proximity in time, space or relationship
Original post by NHM
I concluded it was foreseeable giving someone contaminated food may result in them becoming ill.
Proximity in space and time
And FJR
So concluded a duty was owed :-) what about you?

I wrote all that but about dan and chirs, will i still get most of the marks.
for explain the meaning of omissions, how many examples did everyone give?
Original post by NHM
I concluded it was foreseeable giving someone contaminated food may result in them becoming ill.
Proximity in space and time
And FJR
So concluded a duty was owed :-) what about you?

I put that it was foreseeable, as food not cooked properly can make people ill. I put no proximity in space (as Euan and Chris never met) or relationship, but proximity in time, as Dan gave Euan the food presumably shortly after purchase. I also put that it was fair just and reasonable, so a duty was owed.
Original post by Thamim01

I gave 5; duty from contact (Pittwood), public position (Dytham), statutory duty (Children and Young Persons Act 1933), duty to minimise harmful consequences of an act (Miller) and voluntary duty (Stone and Dobinsen)

3 examples, but very detailed.
Reply 147

I used all 6...
Reply 148
Original post by CatusStarbright
I put that it was foreseeable, as food not cooked properly can make people ill. I put no proximity in space (as Euan and Chris never met) or relationship, but proximity in time, as Dan gave Euan the food presumably shortly after purchase. I also put that it was fair just and reasonable, so a duty was owed.

Same as me then :-)
Reply 149
Original post by Mireri
the conclusion of the application would be different. there was no proximity, as dan gave the food to euan, so there was no proximity in time, space or relationship

I have no idea how you came to the conclusion there was no proximity....
Reply 150

I'd disagree with that. It never specified that it was shortly after (but implied) and i would think that that wouldnt be relevant. why should chris owe a duty to someone he never met, he had no contract with, etc? euan wasnt a customer?
I thought Chris gave Euan the food not Dan
Reply 152
Original post by qwerty505
I thought Chris gave Euan the food not Dan

Definately Dan
Original post by Mireri
I'd disagree with that. It never specified that it was shortly after (but implied) and i would think that that wouldnt be relevant. why should chris owe a duty to someone he never met, he had no contract with, etc? euan wasnt a customer?

I answered the question wrong, but i think he did owe a duty of care. He may not have had a contract i.e. a reciept but he had a relationship of reliance to ensure that food offered was of a good standard. It is quite foreseeable if you buy food that you might share it with someone, especially on the streets with the homeless.
(edited 7 years ago)
so did the question ask if chris owed a duty or if dan owed Euen a duty?

I'm pretty certain it was chris.
Reply 156
Original post by Mireri

Doesn't have to be a customer he still owed him a duty 😂😂

Foreseeable giving someone contaminated food can cause them to become ill.

Proximity in space and time...

And then it was fair just and reasonable, there was no reason for it not to be

It was if Chris owed a duty to Dan
Cause I applied the question to chris but i think i would have done proximity wrong then but the rest right
It was if Chris owed a duty to Dan

What actually was the question lol everyones telling me different things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending