The Student Room Group

Qualification to become a UK police officer

Hey am 15 years old and am about to do my GCSEs
Am planning to become a police officer in the future.

Some people told me to do A-levels such as Sociology, Law and Physical Education and after that am not sure what to do ?
I’m pretty sure they do apprenticeships, policing degree or any degree and then a graduate police scheme
Reply 2
Oh.. just that I’m not sure if I can do an apprenticeship and not sure which one to do.

I searched up and it said A levels are fine too, with physical education
Yes alevels are good and they give a good base you can do degree apprenticeship after alevels to get directly into policing
https://www.joiningthepolice.co.uk/application-process/ways-in-to-policing/apprenticeship-pcda-entry-route
Or a normal degree it’s really up to whatever u feel
Reply 4
Oh I see, is it better to do 3 a levels or 2?
Original post by Paimon89
Oh I see, is it better to do 3 a levels or 2?

3 that’s the standard of what everyone does and it will keep ur options more open in case u want to go to uni or change career etc
Reply 6
Oh okay thanks a lot
Reply 7
I was just wondering if I could move to the United States from UK and work for them in policing? Would that work
Reply 8
And shall I learn how to box as well?
Reply 9
dont
Reply 10
What if I fail my GCSEs but still wanting to do policing? What do I do after?
Reply 11
Hey
For policing I was wondering if I failed my GCSE English Literature but got a grade 5 in English language am I still able to do A levels? Cause A level Law, and Sicology requires a grade 5 in English Language
Reply 12
I was wondering if i Need English literature GCSE,? Or is it only English language
Reply 13
I was thinking doing Law and Pe for 2 A levels and I think 3 A levels would be too hard for me, as I don’t really fancy sociology.. and to apply for policing you can have 2 Alevels so is that fine?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending