we need to know about it.

Here you gi

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks and good luck with revision.
Original post by Abirella
Thanks and good luck with revision.

Thank you! you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many evaluation points do I need to give?
Does it matter if I give more limitations than strenghts?
I need a good revision website for biopsychology.
Currently struggling with this topic. :frown:
I need a good revision website for biopsychology.
Currently struggling with this topic. :frown:

Which parts i could help? ;
Original post by Rigby16
Which parts i could help? ;

The function of the neurons.
Excitation and Inhibition.
Guys do we need to know psychodemic and humanistic approach
Original post by hashman
Guys do we need to know psychodemic and humanistic approach

No that's A2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks you :biggrin:
Hey guys I am a bit confused as I am reading different things on different books.
Does the Sympathetic nervous system slow down digestive process and the Parasympathetic promote digestive process?
Hey guys I am a bit confused as I am reading different things on different books.
Does the Sympathetic nervous system slow down digestive process and the Parasympathetic promote digestive process?

I learnt that the sympathetic nervous system generally increases bodily activities, whereas the parasympathetic nervous system generally maintains or decreases bodily activities.
Reply 552

Yes that's right!
The sympathetic does increase the function of other body parts such as increasing heart rate. But as digestion is not needed when in danger- the sympathetic does slow down the digestive process. The parasympathetic then brings everything back to normal :smile:
Reply 553
Original post by Purple-Pixie
I learnt that the sympathetic nervous system generally increases bodily activities, whereas the parasympathetic nervous system generally maintains or decreases bodily activities.

It does do that to many bodily functions but as digestion isn't needed in response to coping with danger/ the stressor it reduces the process so that more energy is available for increasing heart rate and dilating pupils etc
The parasympathetic then returns everything to normal
Original post by ashieG
Yes that's right!
The sympathetic does increase the function of other body parts such as increasing heart rate. But as digestion is not needed when in danger- the sympathetic does slow down the digestive process. The parasympathetic then brings everything back to normal :smile:

Ok thanks for the clarification.
In the specification it says reference to excitation and inhibition.
What are those? I am not familiar with them. :frown:
Really hope that the biological or cognitive approaches dobt come up for 12 markers. But judging by specemin it is their turn to come up. I know most of it but just not how to phrase the points in these two approaches. 😰
Don't like the Biopsychology part. :frown:
Except the Nervous System and central and peripheral which I understand very well, the other parts are just too complicated.
Do we need to know about the HPA and SAM system?
Do we need to know about the HPA and SAM system?

These do not sound familiar what are they?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending