The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

GUYS PLS READ i got the correct coordinates for Q but i accidently wrote it in the wrong way round!! i wrote -2, -3 do you think my examiner will give me the mark? it was an ACCIDENT ;-;
for one of the questions the answer was 7/5 but i simplified down to 1.4 can I still get the mark for this?
For the floor vanishing question was it 7.5 x 5 = 35.5 ?? I got 35.5 and said it wasn't enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blessingmariee
Midpoint. I am so confused as to how that is the answer and not 3,4.75?

Because you are trying to find the midpoint not Q... I think!
Original post by LogicalFallacy
25(4-π) maybe?

It does, however you don't need to apparently according to that teachers unofficial mark scheme.
Original post by bethanyjx
For the question about the tiles I did a completely different method that everyone I've spoke to and came to the conclusion that :
No. because she has enough to cover 37.5m^2 but needs to cover 50m^2 so she's 12.5m^2 short
DID ANYONE GET ANYTHING SIMILAR // know if I will get any marks? I was pretty confident on that question lol

lol, that's what i put too im sure we would at least get full method marks
Reply 1046
Is it okay that i wrote 100TT cm^2 - TT25 cm^2 instead of 100TT cm^2 -25 TTcm^2
And I thought this was meant to be in a %age of the entire £800 and not just the rent though i probably just misread lol

Spoiler

Original post by Tyson12302
Apparently its T = 5x + 20y.

I think i put T = x + 4y, which is the simplified form of 5x + 20y. Is that wrong?
Original post by iMacJack
I did not sit the paper - I will need the question information to be able to give you an answer.

Give me answer to the following question
Workout total number of teachers when the probability for female teacher is 3/5 and there are 36 male teachers? It would be my pleasure if u do that
Original post by alicerose.j
How were we meant to do the distribution of the box plots question? I basically filled the whole space with writing, comparing range, IQ range and median. Were we supposed to work anything out??

Posted from TSR Mobile

You got the right points :smile:
You literally just have to write:

range is greater for 18 year olds than 16 year olds

interquartile range ""

median is lower for 16 year olds than 18 year olds

Reply 1051
I got 38 in the paper (round about) lol I am going to fail 😭
how many marks would you say for a bare minimum C guys?
Original post by Butler911
Am I right in saying that questions 8,9 and 12 are missing from this mark scheme?

8 isn't anymore. 12 is bisectors, so a little harder to put in, but I'm working on it.
Original post by alicerose.j
Does anyone know if it's possible to do the varnishing floor question with a different method to this mark scheme because I'm pretty sure I got it right but remember doing it differently

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you got the right answer, then normally in the mark scheme, they count all marks, so I wouldn't worry! :smile:
Hello was it anticlockwise or clockwise for q2, i did clockwise will i still be able to pick up 1 mark
Original post by bethanyjx
For the question about the tiles I did a completely different method that everyone I've spoke to and came to the conclusion that :
No. because she has enough to cover 37.5m^2 but needs to cover 50m^2 so she's 12.5m^2 short
DID ANYONE GET ANYTHING SIMILAR // know if I will get any marks? I was pretty confident on that question lol

I did that too!! I hope it was right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mo128
Is it okay that i wrote 100TT cm^2 - TT25 cm^2 instead of 100TT cm^2 -25 TTcm^2

Doesn't matter it's still the same thing.
Original post by YAY GCSE
If u get 68 in the calculator aswell u will get an A overall :smile:! Based on last years grade boundaries u could get 63 in both and get an A, u should be fine because the calculator test is easier (in my opinion)

I have some serious work to put in to get 68 on the calculator paper...
Original post by nadiakms
Hello was it anticlockwise or clockwise for q2, i did clockwise will i still be able to pick up 1 mark

It was 90 degrees anti clockwise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending