The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

I did all the working for the last one but put 3-root 6 over 12 will I get 2 working marks ?
Original post by Jiff
Hi guys,

If we did the right working out, but wrote the wrong answers or did attempt the question and got wrong answers- would we get some marks?

yes!! for the longer questions such as the 5 marks working out would be 4 marks and you'd only loose 1 mark for getting the answer wrong so don't worry

Spoiler

Original post by Samantha2009
Hi I think you've made a big mistake some kids are doing maths GCSE tommorow I think you need to take this down

what do you mean wasn't the paper sat today?
What was question 18!!!!
Original post by Mathsgcseexam
no, standard form has to be numbers from 1-9. 0.7x10^9 isn't in standard form

Hi some kids are doing maths GCSE tommorow unless you guys want a low mark take ur answers down
I hate this paper I passed but probably around 58-60 marks 😭How much makes will I need for at least an A in paper 2?
For Question 17a. Solve 3x - 5 < 16 (2 marks)

x < 7

If i put X=7 in my answer area by accident but had x<7 in my workings will i still get some marks?
The Exam was easy and I got all the answers right. I just hope my working was all correct.
Reply 1508
Original post by iMacJack
If anyone is struggling with a question, tell me the details of the question and I'll provide an answer for you to stop ye debating (hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile

for question 9 can u write 5x+20y as x+4y
Original post by ggidl002
I did all the working for the last one but put 3-root 6 over 12 will I get 2 working marks ?

Can you show your workings? a common mistake is people cancel the √6 to √3, but over 6. having √3/12 is very unusual. So you method might be wrong.
Original post by Afsanax
what do you mean wasn't the paper sat today?

Hi the paper was sat today but our examiner today told us some kids are doing it tommorow and that we shouldn't put answer on student room until Saturday so u guys have given all the answers now the grade will go high
Original post by SR0500
for question 9 can u write 5x+20y as x+4y

No, you can write it as 5(x+4y)
Original post by bethanyjx
you should get the full marks, but since it says all the reasons you could get 4.. not certain though :/ you won't get less than 4

thanks for reply x
Original post by LogicalFallacy
This is the completed mark scheme for the 26/05/2016 mathematics non-calculator paper.

If there are any mistakes, please tell me.

Reps would be appreciated, but are not necessary.

Spoiler

Q4 and Q9 i think can be simplified even further and i believe maybe Q23 is wrong
Original post by Rebqqq
Everyone is talking about how they have just lost there A*
I literally got 38 in the paper I have just lost my c grade 😂🔫

Not necessary!!! We don't know it for sure yet!
Original post by Samantha2009
Hi the paper was sat today but our examiner today told us some kids are doing it tommorow and that we shouldn't put answer on student room until Saturday so u guys have given all the answers now the grade will go high

This is incorrect if you don't do the exam today, you get given a similar, but different exam to do tomorrow, according to edexcel.
Help! What would 70-80/100 be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If i got like 62/63 marks on first paper am I on track for a B grade?
Oh my word. I did the Foundation Tier. I think I failed miserably...
Original post by Kings20221
Q4 and Q9 i think can be simplified even further and i believe maybe Q23 is wrong

Q4 can't be simplified further, Q23 is right and Q9 can be wrote as t=5(x+4y)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending