The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zczashx
I think that i got 78 (lowest possible mark) how much more would i need for an A*? and grade boundary predictions?

In the 2013 and 2014 papers, the grade boundaries were around 165/200 for an A*. 2015 was considerably lower at 155/200 so I think this paper might be around 160/200, judging on how most people found it...that's what I'm hoping for!
Hi, I know I've asked a similar question before but I think I got around 86/88 in this paper and I just want to ensure that it's possible for me to get an A* as I really want it. Could someone please confirm this, Do you think I'd be fine?
Original post by Ax can.m
Yeah I've seen that from Instagram but how did he(or you ) get a copy of the paper to be giving out answers?????

A kid probably didnt turn up for the exam, or s/he just scanned the copy and filled it in.
Sorry mate, 63 would be 'B' unless u do 100% in calculator one. QUOTE=MrJamerJamer;65207701]You would basically need full marks on the calc and to pray for low boundarys.
Original post by Sarah Brown
Q4 expand and simplify is 10 + m

Q6 is 54

Q4 is -5+10

and Q6 is 90, 54 is the amount of females, they wanted to total amount of people.
Original post by 34908seikj
My solution to the last question:

yep, brilliantly done :clap2::clap2: I used the same method so I feel ya
Original post by Milts
Yeah I would imagine so. DW though 2 marks is better than nothing.

someone replied to me and said that I'd still get the three? I'm not sure. When we did it previously in class, my teacher stated to just use the median and interquartile range when comparing box plots.

How do you think you did on the exam?
Original post by hamza772000
Hi, I know I've asked a similar question before but I think I got around 86/88 in this paper and I just want to ensure that it's possible for me to get an A* as I really want it. Could someone please confirm this, Do you think I'd be fine?

You defninitely still can! Another similar performance or 90+ will most likely be an A*
86/100 I hope.
Xou should be 'A'.
Original post by hamza772000
Reply 1749
Original post by Esra Oksuz
I got 68 out of 100. What grade would that be? And could I possibly get an A* with both papers combined?

last year it was 125/200 for an A and 155/200 for an A* so you need 87 in paper 2 for an A* but last years grade boundaries were pretty low and most people found the exam quite easy, so i expect the grade boundaries will be higher this year, maybe 160 for an A* or something
Original post by Milts
yep, brilliantly done :clap2::clap2: I used the same method so I feel ya

:colondollar:
Original post by krystal16
You defninitely still can! Another similar performance or 90+ will most likely be an A*
Thanks, that makes me feel better. I usually tend to better in calculator papers.:smile:
If I got 65 on this, what would you say I need on the calculator for an A overall? (What do you think the grade boundaries will be?)
Original post by Gabika1979
86/100 I hope.
Xou should be 'A'.
Hmm, maybe I can push it to an A*, hopefully. Thanks
for your reply though.:smile:
Original post by Rakstar
I got the same mark between that range, hopefully for the sake of us two that will have a moderately of strong chance of helping us get an A* overall. You will probably need 86 in the calculater paper to secure an A*, just in case they do not lower the grade boundaries. But good luck mate!

Hopefully mate, good luck!
Calculator better be my bitch.
Original post by GCSE_core
If I got 65 on this, what would you say I need on the calculator for an A overall? (What do you think the grade boundaries will be?)

depending on grade boundaries ~70-75 imo
Original post by 34908seikj
Q4 is -5+10

and Q6 is 90, 54 is the amount of females, they wanted to total amount of people.

I swear at this moment i have literally rushed the paper my score after all this is 79. I read all the questions wrong, i got the harder questions write at least. But i thought it wanted females lol as well, i'm bringing a highlighter to the exam next time lmao
Original post by STNNRZ
Ahh ok thanks, that puts me on 88.

So annoyed that the most of the marks I dropped apart from that were because of stupid mistakes..

2 marks lost on the rotation (I turned clockwise)
2 marks lost on reflection (reflected using y=-1 not x=-1)
4 marks lost on the proportion question (no idea how I forgot the whole 'k' thing)
1 mark on a solving quadratics question because I put it in two brackets but forgot the "so x= ? Or x=?" somehow :/

If I paid attention I'd have got 97 😕

Oh my gosh me too!!! I lost so many marks because I didn't simplify the fractions and I rotated clockwise. Now I think I'm getting 87 :frown: I really want an A*
Todays exam was hard dont know what some of you guys are on about ....
Original post by J-ved
Hopefully mate, good luck!
Calculator better be my bitch.

Haha thanks, and i agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending