The Student Room Group

Kerala non birth control population case study help

Hi all,
I'm really confused about the Kerala non birth control population policy in the population topic of AQA geog A GCSE. It's supposed to be a non birth control one but then in all my notes I've got stuff about how they gave out free contraception. Googling it comes up with the same facts. So is this the right case study to use should a question come up? Should I just not mention how they gave out free contraception?
Thanks in advance.
Original post by RegionalAtBest
Hi all,
I'm really confused about the Kerala non birth control population policy in the population topic of AQA geog A GCSE. It's supposed to be a non birth control one but then in all my notes I've got stuff about how they gave out free contraception. Googling it comes up with the same facts. So is this the right case study to use should a question come up? Should I just not mention how they gave out free contraception?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,don't panic coz I think I can help as i am doing AQA A Geography as well.

So this is what you need to know about Kerala:
1.How has Kerala achieved to slow down population growth rate:
*By reducing the infant mortality rate to 12 so that people no longer needed to have many kids as many of them will survive to adulthood.
*Educating people about the benefits of having smaller families.
*Improving child health through vaccination programmes which leads to low infant mortality rate.

2.comparison to the rest of India-a question could ask you to compare Kerala with the rest of India so you can talk about these facts
* Life expectancy in Kerala is 71 whereas the rest of India, it is 64
*Infant mortality rate in Kerala is 12 but the rest of India, it is 65
*GDP per capita is $2950 in Kerala but for the rest of India, it is only $460.
*Adult literacy rate in Kerala is 91% but for the rest of India, it is 64%

I hope you found this helpful and good luck!!!
If you need any other help, you are always welcome to ask.
Original post by SaraAli123
Hi,don't panic coz I think I can help as i am doing AQA A Geography as well.

So this is what you need to know about Kerala:
1.How has Kerala achieved to slow down population growth rate:
*By reducing the infant mortality rate to 12 so that people no longer needed to have many kids as many of them will survive to adulthood.
*Educating people about the benefits of having smaller families.
*Improving child health through vaccination programmes which leads to low infant mortality rate.

2.comparison to the rest of India-a question could ask you to compare Kerala with the rest of India so you can talk about these facts
* Life expectancy in Kerala is 71 whereas the rest of India, it is 64
*Infant mortality rate in Kerala is 12 but the rest of India, it is 65
*GDP per capita is $2950 in Kerala but for the rest of India, it is only $460.
*Adult literacy rate in Kerala is 91% but for the rest of India, it is 64%

I hope you found this helpful and good luck!!!

Okay thank you so much for all the info!! Yeah I just won't mention how they gave out free contraception (my notes are probably just wrong). Good luck next Wednesday!!
No problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending