The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by macsalaama
Zeus, Odin, Amun, Vishnu, Allah etc
There are so many Gods to choose from.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice comment...
But, The QURAN is the only holy book which has remained the same since it has been brought down. There are things mentioned in the Quran which scientists are proving now. The major signs have begun...

All i'm saying is, please have a look into the religion of Islam. It will grant you Paradise.

Thank me later lol
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Many ex-Muslims feel much better after they leave and say it's one of the best decisions of their lives so no, not necessarily lost at all.

How can one leave their own religion that they're born into...
Clearly they aren't loyal to anything then.

Crazy double standards.
Original post by libby12345

Crazy double standards.

What a ridiculous comment! A wise Jedi once said: "Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

People that have been indoctrinated since birth and have the mental intelligence and physical courage to leave should be praised for doing so. Instead of caving in to the hive-mind.

This is why Germany is still so self-hating since WW2.. Because everyone there, ESPECIALLY the adults had a chance to stand up and say no, to go out and seek the truth for themselves, but they did not, instead they caved in, allowed one man to think on behalf of many, and look at what happened.

I'm not comparing Organized Religion to Nazism in its actions, however i am comparing Nazism to an organised religion in how it indoctrinates young people.

I'm proud that my parents gave me a choice, so what if i'm un-christened? Do i believe in limbo? Hell-no.

I'll leave you with this: How can a parent expect their child to think independently when the child, the parent, the grandparent have all been following from the same ideology....in your previous post you mentioned about how Islam has kept things the same....as if that is a good thing, when actually if you'll look Christianity (which i find equally disheartening) has made some impressive (if-still-not-far-enough) reforms in a general direction aimed at modernization. Islam should follow suit, hey it may even earn back some of those former-believers?

Best regards and peace to you.
Francis.

PS: And if anyone even dares to call me an Islamaphobe i'll go nuclear. I teach at a school with students from all backgrounds, and i'm proud that i work with some very intelligent Islamic students too. What i like about them is how because they're at a modern secondary they are being taught the skills if critical thinking so it gives them a chance to question their religion and either continue following it if they choose to or to leave.

Personally i don't care if they leave or stay in Islam, it's irrelevant, as by all people as well as religions, i judge them on their actions. And on that count, both Christianity, Islam and Judaeism have a lot to answer for.
okay... i understand what youre saying. That isn't my point. All i'm saying is that i respect all religions. i believe in prophet Jesus, Muhammad, Moses... etc. But, there's just one God. You can't deny the holy book. Things from the book are being proved by scientists now... how can stuff that was written 1400 years ago be so accurate? please look into the religion of Islam itself...
i dont hate anyone who doesnt follow the religion, but just say look into it.
can't you see why there's so much hate against the religion ?! because the west knows that this is the true religion. you will see for it yourself one day.

i'm just trying to help
sorry if youre offended, i dont mean to offend anyone
Reply 144
Do you have a big penis?
Nice comment...
But, The QURAN is the only holy book which has remained the same since it has been brought down. There are things mentioned in the Quran which scientists are proving now. The major signs have begun...

All i'm saying is, please have a look into the religion of Islam. It will grant you Paradise.

Thank me later lol

The Quran is filled with Scientific inaccuracies.
Many scholars have understood this and now claim the Quran should not be used for explaining scientific phenomenon.

Don't use it as a science book.
Disrespectful to science.
can't you see why there's so much hate against the religion ?! because the west knows that this is the true religion.

This makes no sense whatever.
Original post by eden3
Do you have a big penis?

get off this forum
Reply 148
Original post by Thanbir.33
get off this forum

LOL he said AMA. I won't be told what to do by a 16 yr old kid.
Many ex-Muslims feel much better after they leave and say it's one of the best decisions of their lives so no, not necessarily lost at all.

Likewise, the people who revert to islam also feel content, the following is an anecdote of a woman from america who reverted to islam (i'll try to write it to the best i can remember) in brief
the woman was a person who was a sort of health fanatic, she was from the california side and she did spend some time in the sun wearing a bikini.
she herself had said that she was uncomfortable with all those beach-goers staring at her. after she became a muslim she decided to wear the hijab.
this tims she said she felt better because people never looked at her in the same way
Original post by eden3
LOL he said AMA. I won't be told what to do by a 16 yr old kid.

at least i'm decent enough to not ask something so vulgar and barbaric

how is it even related to this forum
if you're gonna answer don't say something childish
(edited 7 years ago)
okay... i understand what youre saying. That isn't my point. All i'm saying is that i respect all religions. i believe in prophet Jesus, Muhammad, Moses... etc. But, there's just one God. You can't deny the holy book. Things from the book are being proved by scientists now... how can stuff that was written 1400 years ago be so accurate? please look into the religion of Islam itself...
i dont hate anyone who doesnt follow the religion, but just say look into it.
can't you see why there's so much hate against the religion ?! because the west knows that this is the true religion. you will see for it yourself one day.

i'm just trying to help
sorry if youre offended, i dont mean to offend anyone

I would love to believe, i honestly would. To know that my rotten, insignificant life is worth a dime, to know that someone out there is looking out for me despite all the stuff that's come my and my family's way.

Truly, honestly, it must be liberating to have 100% assurance of belief that your soul will be saved and you will be rewarded for eternity as long as you follow the right path. Unfortunately my cynical brain will not allow me to do so.

Please don't feel as if i'm mocking you because i'm not. Believing in something absolutely must be a beautiful thing, i've seen the looks on peoples faces in church before, especially pentecostal churches. Yet God hasn't found me yet.

Best regards
Francis.

Crazy double standards.

I ask this in the nicest possible way, but have you been living under a rock? People leave their birth religion all the time, this seriously can't be the first time you've heard about it, can it?

And why should it have anything to do with loyalty? If the individual no longer finds truth or sense in the religion then they should do the normal thing and leave it.

Where are the double standards? I think you're just throwing that phrase around without knowing what it means.
I ask this in the nicest possible way, but have you been living under a rock? People leave their birth religion all the time, this seriously can't be the first time you've heard about it, can it?

The idea of a 'birth religion' doesn't really make sense to me. :s-smilie:
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Because he made his account just recent and this is his first thread.... Why would he need to tell someone hes an ex muslim.... normally people ask for help or ask opinions on thigs hes literally just said im an ex muslim.... Clearly a moron trying to get more people to agree with nonsensical points about Islam

False, that's a baseless assumption you've made. There's an active ex-Muslim on here (@Cobalt_) who said his first post was also saying he was an ex-Muslim. So are you going to accuse him of being a troll too when he's still here on TSR?

Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
That doesnt even make sense nor can there be multiple Gods, the definition of a God is all powerful having multiple Gods contradicts the very nature of a God.

It doesn't make sense to you, but it makes sense to polytheists. And to them it doesn't make sense for there to be only one god.
False, that's a baseless assumption you've made. There's an active ex-Muslim on here (@Cobalt_) who said his first post was also saying he was an ex-Muslim. So are you going to accuse him of being a troll too when he's still here on TSR?

It doesn't make sense to you, but it makes sense to polytheists. And to them it doesn't make sense for there to be only one god.

@CAPTAINSHAZAM

Yup. My first thread was "I'm an ex muslim AMA" and i've been active ever since.
I don't get why its difficult for some Muslims to comprehend people leaving Islam. Grow up and get over it.
Nice comment...
But, The QURAN is the only holy book which has remained the same since it has been brought down.

Where's your evidence for this statement? Do you have the original Quran in your possession?

There are things mentioned in the Quran which scientists are proving now. The major signs have begun...

Downright lies. Not only does the Quran not contain any original or impressive science, but it also makes many glaring scientific mistakes, proving it is not the work of an all-knowing deity. There is no Quranic science that is being proved by scientists now. If you disagree then feel free to provide the peer-reviewed journals demonstrating this.

Thank me later lol

I've read both the Quran, the tafsir and large portions of the Hadeeth and have concluded that Islam is false, nothing more than the work of 7th century Arabs.
Original post by Hydeman

Nor do I. It reminds me of Dawkin's good point in The God Delusion about the inappropriateness of saying things like "Christian/Muslim child" when people that young don't know enough to make an informed decision about the religious beliefs of their parents.

Crazy double standards.

Should I tell you what's funny?

If someone joins Islam you don't ask them why or ask them to justify anything. You immediately shower them with Mashallahs.

Yet, if someone decides to leave you immediately harass them and demand an explanation.

And still you talk about double standards.
Original post by Hydeman

It's nicer to say that than to call it indoctrination. :tongue:

Latest