The Student Room Group

bad ex friend is trying to get in touch after a year

One year ago in a weeks time will be when my old best friend (a guy 3 years older than me, a girl) decided to say he was blocking me to become a strict Muslim and wasn’t talking to girls anymore. We talked everyday for hours (online) and I really thought of him as my older brother. He was quite mean a lot but I still feel attached a little? He send me a friend request today. and I don’t know what to do. Its easy to tell me to just reject it but I haven’t forgotten about him yet and I’m also so curious to know what he wants to say. What should I do? I don’t know how to react.
Best to ignore him rather than risk being insulted, mind games or any more of his mean behaviour. :smile:
When people show you how nasty they are then block you, believe them and stay far away from them.
No communcation and no contact- ever again.

People who are mean and block you do not deserve any of your time or energy.
Don't give them any.
Focus on spending your time doing the thing that you most enjoy.
With some of the most positive & helpful people you know who care about you and show you that they care.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Hi. As a Muslim I might have a different insight here. Yes, it is part of our religion to abstain from contact with member of opposite gender. I would recommend that to people but but not sure I would recommend to block your friend immediately. I can't say if a knew Muslim was might be permitted to keep a distance, "Just friends." Relationship. I can't blame him for wanting to follow his religion but it was definitely hard on you for him to cut off with you in a second after 3 years of close friendship. Maybe you should stay away.
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
Best to ignore him rather than risk being insulted, mind games or any more of his mean behaviour. :smile:
When people show you how nasty they are then block you, believe them and stay far away from them.
No communcation and no contact- ever again.

People who are mean and block you do not deserve any of your time or energy.
Don't give them any.
Focus on spending your time doing the thing that you most enjoy.
With some of the most positive & helpful people you know who care about you and show you that they care.
Good luck!

PRSOM :smile:. I know curiosity is painful to ignore OP, but it sounds from our third person perspective that you were badly mistreated for a long-time friend. I would say differently if he had been less mean as you say, but the more you yield to that sort of people, and the more power you give them, the more you leave yourself open to more pain in the future from them. Best to leave it well be, in my opinion. Good luck seconded!
Reply 4
Original post by {Moss}
PRSOM :smile:. I know curiosity is painful to ignore OP, but it sounds from our third person perspective that you were badly mistreated for a long-time friend. I would say differently if he had been less mean as you say, but the more you yield to that sort of people, and the more power you give them, the more you leave yourself open to more pain in the future from them. Best to leave it well be, in my opinion. Good luck seconded!

everyone saying ignore and i want to but im literally so curious that i dont think i can!!! its such a strange thing that he sent me a friend request to talk that i sort of want to see what he’ll say but not reply 😭 sorry its really hard for me to be mad at people and tbh i think id forgive him in a second.. (by the way i have no romantic feelings and neither does he)
Reply 5
Original post by Amb/conf
Hi. As a Muslim I might have a different insight here. Yes, it is part of our religion to abstain from contact with member of opposite gender. I would recommend that to people but but not sure I would recommend to block your friend immediately. I can't say if a knew Muslim was might be permitted to keep a distance, "Just friends." Relationship. I can't blame him for wanting to follow his religion but it was definitely hard on you for him to cut off with you in a second after 3 years of close friendship. Maybe you should stay away.

thanks. its not a romantic thing at all. purely platonic. what i find strange is he had an american girlfriend online who is satanist and he is a muslim in algeria. it is confusing to me and i feel like he is a liar
Reply 6
I honestly don't really see the issue with accepting the friend request?
Reply 7
Original post by AF2Dr
I honestly don't really see the issue with accepting the friend request?

i rejected it in the moment 😭😭😭 i dont want him go think i will forgive him really
Reply 8
Original post by sapphireA
thanks. its not a romantic thing at all. purely platonic. what i find strange is he had an american girlfriend online who is satanist and he is a muslim in algeria. it is confusing to me and i feel like he is a liar

Sounds like your right tbh. He could be a liar and chancer. Best to stay away.
Reply 9
Original post by Amb/conf
Sounds like your right tbh. He could be a liar and chancer. Best to stay away.

i rejected his request and idk if he will try again but i need to try to stop thinking about it!! i thought if him like my older brother to be honest
Reply 10
One year ago in a weeks time will be when my old best friend (a guy 3 years older than me, a girl) decided to say he was blocking me to become a strict Muslim and wasn’t talking to girls anymore. We talked everyday for hours (online) and I really thought of him as my older brother. He was quite mean a lot but I still feel attached a little? He send me a friend request today. and I don’t know what to do. Its easy to tell me to just reject it but I haven’t forgotten about him yet and I’m also so curious to know what he wants to say. What should I do? I don’t know how to react.

Do whatever you want.

There isn’t much harm in hearing what he has to say

And there isn’t any harm in blocking him, either.

But my advice is to reject his friendship. You needa move on and so does he. I’m Muslim, so I’m pretty disappointed that this guy might’ve folded on his journey to peace and tranquility. But whatever; we’re not [all] perfect.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 11
i rejected his request and idk if he will try again but i need to try to stop thinking about it!! i thought if him like my older brother to be honest

Reject his request and never talk to him again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending