The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology Unit 3 question predictions?

Hi all,

I am studying sleep, gender and aggression for unit 3, AQA psychology. Is anyone doing the same? Has anyone made predictions as to which essay questions are likely to come up?

Good luck!
Reply 1
Hi,
From looking at past papers and seeing what hasn't come up, this is my prediction....

Sleep- Either circadian,infradian or ultradian rhythms. and Insomnia or sleepwalking.

Aggression- Infidelity and Jealousy (not sure about the other topic)

Eating- Neural Mechanisms involved in eating and factors influencing our eating

Good Luck !
Reply 2
Original post by ellie.siv
Hi,
From looking at past papers and seeing what hasn't come up, this is my prediction....

Sleep- Either circadian,infradian or ultradian rhythms. and Insomnia or sleepwalking.

Aggression- Infidelity and Jealousy (not sure about the other topic)

Eating- Neural Mechanisms involved in eating and factors influencing our eating

Good Luck !

This may seem stupid to ask given exam is tomorrow, but is the LH and VMH the neural mechanisms and the factors that influence it are glucose, Leptin etc?
Reply 3
Original post by Dasaw
This may seem stupid to ask given exam is tomorrow, but is the LH and VMH the neural mechanisms and the factors that influence it are glucose, Leptin etc?

Its not a stupid question! haha!
The neural mechnaisms are the Lh , Vmh and the leptin and glucose.

Factors that influence your eating behaviour would be things like your mood and cultural variations.
Reply 4
Its not a stupid question! haha!
The neural mechnaisms are the Lh , Vmh and the leptin and glucose.

Factors that influence your eating behaviour would be things like your mood and cultural variations.

ah okay thanks :biggrin: how confident you feeling for the exam?
Reply 5
Original post by Dasaw
ah okay thanks :biggrin: how confident you feeling for the exam?

Im ok ! Im getting a bit stuck on circadian rhythms , i just dont know how to phrase the essay. what about you?
Reply 6
Im ok ! Im getting a bit stuck on circadian rhythms , i just dont know how to phrase the essay. what about you?

I think im okay too, and yeah sleep is a bane tbh so different from the rest of the essays and content.

I also feel like my description for factors into eating behaviour is kinda short. I just put cultural influences gave an example and the reason for why it affects attitudes towards food, then put some about mood.
Reply 7
Original post by Dasaw
I think im okay too, and yeah sleep is a bane tbh so different from the rest of the essays and content.

I also feel like my description for factors into eating behaviour is kinda short. I just put cultural influences gave an example and the reason for why it affects attitudes towards food, then put some about mood.

I agree. The factors influencing eating is quite short.
Theres two main explanations and thats the cultural variations and mood.
But i suppose you could go into a lot of detail about cultural variations such as the Social Learning theory , operant conditioning and then exposure.

Dieting also makes no sense to me at all. I was taught two explanations that are both so similar, the denial and boundary model which both say that restricting food intake will cause weight gain.
Reply 8
But i suppose you could go into a lot of detail about cultural variations such as the Social Learning theory , operant conditioning and then exposure.

Dieting also makes no sense to me at all. I was taught two explanations that are both so similar, the denial and boundary model which both say that restricting food intake will cause weight gain.

Yeah I talked about exposure and how that leads to their attitude changing in relation to cultural experience.

And I have to agree dieting is just a mess haha
i think for gender - role of hormones and genes or evolutionary explanations will come as theyve never appeared and are defo due
Reply 10

Do you know if they can ask specifically about a sleeping disorder? i.e. insomnia, narcolepsy and sleep walking.
Reply 11
Original post by Dasaw
Do you know if they can ask specifically about a sleeping disorder? i.e. insomnia, narcolepsy and sleep walking.

Yes they can unfortunately :frown: narcolepsy came up last year so i would focus more on sleep walking and insomnia .
Good luck x
Reply 12
Yes they can unfortunately :frown: narcolepsy came up last year so i would focus more on sleep walking and insomnia .
Good luck x

Okay thanks :/ really worried about what's gonna come up for sleep so many options im banking on circadian rhythms,ultradian/infradian and sleep walking tbh
Hi there

Does anyone know which journal has the study of Carlson (2007) investigating mice with leptin and obesity? It would be a great help if you could

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending