The Student Room Group

WJEC PY2 Legacy Exam 23rd May

Scroll to see replies

The milgram questions were asking for how he obtained his sample for 8 marks which was volunteer sample, new haven journal, 40 men aged 20-50 etc...
second question was ethics so confidentiality,deception,harm,valid consent,right to withdraw
Original post by charthec
I have a sociology exam tomorrow so I'm currently revising for that, but I'll re-start on Thursday as I really need to give myself a break after today's huge meltdown over PY2.

I'm relatively strong on it and it's only really the essays that I need to go over in major detail. I'll make some flash cards to go over definitions of key terms in Sections A+B with my mum (aka my best revision buddy) and I'm sure I'll be fine :smile:

It's just PY4 I worry about!

How about you?

Oh daym good luck tomorrow on the exam, all this writing has got to a killer lol! :biggrin:...i cant write fast without my handwriting looking awful which sucks :s
I'm trying to memorise my essays for py3 atm, I've barely looked over py4 much o_o seriously worried for that exam atm lol but yup a deserved break for u forsure :smile:
Let us no how the exam goes tomorrow u got this! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a sociology exam tomorrow so I'm currently revising for that, but I'll re-start on Thursday as I really need to give myself a break after today's huge meltdown over PY2.

I'm relatively strong on it and it's only really the essays that I need to go over in major detail. I'll make some flash cards to go over definitions of key terms in Sections A+B with my mum (aka my best revision buddy) and I'm sure I'll be fine :smile:

It's just PY4 I worry about!

How about you?

Best of luck for SCLY2 tomorrow 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by Sexybadman
Oh daym good luck tomorrow on the exam, all this writing has got to a killer lol! :biggrin:...i cant write fast without my handwriting looking awful which sucks :s
I'm trying to memorise my essays for py3 atm, I've barely looked over py4 much o_o seriously worried for that exam atm lol but yup a deserved break for u forsure :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by johnd45

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks both of you :smile: will let you know ASAP.
Original post by usmanahmed321
The milgram questions were asking for how he obtained his sample for 8 marks which was volunteer sample, new haven journal, 40 men aged 20-50 etc...
second question was ethics so confidentiality,deception,harm,valid consent,right to withdraw

Question 3 was worded so poorly I had no idea what to write:frown:
Reply 65

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by johnd45

Posted from TSR Mobile

It went okay! I'm just relieved it's over :smile:

That's great to hear haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeee great to hear :biggrin: take a break tomorrow! Its hella deserved :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by johnd45
That's great to hear haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeee great to hear :biggrin: take a break tomorrow! Its hella deserved :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile::smile::smile:
What are you predicting for PY4? Not that you can predict WJEC but hey ho 😁
Original post by emilymjig
What are you predicting for PY4? Not that you can predict WJEC but hey ho 😁

I took py4 last year, so my only advice is to not learn the essays which came up last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much do we have approximately write for each 15 mark question on PY3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by johnd45
How much do we have approximately write for each 15 mark question on PY3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey man hope your doing good! :smile: I think its 20 minutes each essay ? But really not sure it depends on how long we take on the section A/B Qs aha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey man hope your doing good! :smile: I think its 20 minutes each essay ? But really not sure it depends on how long we take on the section A/B Qs aha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope you're well too haha.
Yeah, that makes sense I guess. Thanks :smile:
Btw guys if your not to busy could any of u explain Quota/strata sampling and advantage/disadvantages of them. I really dont get it thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Btw guys if your not to busy could any of u explain Quota/strata sampling and advantage/disadvantages of them. I really dont get it thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry this is late, I've been caught up with other exams!

Quota sampling - This sample is achieved roughly in proportion to their occurrence to the population, such as different age groups
Strength- if the quota is filled, a good target population is achieved
weakness- the quotas may not always be filled as such groups may be unwilling to participate in the research.

I hope I've helped, and best of luck people :smile:
Original post by johnd45
Sorry this is late, I've been caught up with other exams!

Quota sampling - This sample is achieved roughly in proportion to their occurrence to the population, such as different age groups
Strength- if the quota is filled, a good target population is achieved
weakness- the quotas may not always be filled as such groups may be unwilling to participate in the research.

I hope I've helped, and best of luck people :smile:

Thanks so much for this man appreciate it! And best of luck today hopefully we smash it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks so much for this man appreciate it! And best of luck today hopefully we smash it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome! I hope you did amazing man :smile: and to everyone else as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you guys put for the confounding variable for the phobia study question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by johnd45
What did you guys put for the confounding variable for the phobia study question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey man hope the exam went well :smile: for that questions i wrote so much lol dont no if its 100% right but i wrote how the students would feel embarassed to admit to having a phobia, the sample being to small and so not representative of a wide population
Then because i was panicking i threw in how different ages/people werent asked. Bit of a tricky question lol

Btw what did you put for the experimental hypothesis on media with phobia? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending