The Student Room Group

A-level Exam Stress

I want to feel as if everyone is feeling the same but I don't know and even if they are I don't think it will add to reassurance. I generally feel like my A-levels are killing me and it's not even going to be worth it in the end, no amount of revision I'm doing will get me the grades I need, I don't do well in the exam setting at all, so I'm either writing too slow or feeling panicked over being surrounded by people even though I'm in a smaller room, I think I've done horribly on my first two exams. And I can't even relax everyday I wake up and my immediate though is revision and when I get to it I just cry over it. I'm just sick of it. I don't really know if there is any help I can get, I'm just trying so hard and it means nothing. It's just a rant because I'm tired and I don't want to care about my grades but I've worked so hard for nothing.
Original post by Purple fire
I want to feel as if everyone is feeling the same but I don't know and even if they are I don't think it will add to reassurance. I generally feel like my A-levels are killing me and it's not even going to be worth it in the end, no amount of revision I'm doing will get me the grades I need, I don't do well in the exam setting at all, so I'm either writing too slow or feeling panicked over being surrounded by people even though I'm in a smaller room, I think I've done horribly on my first two exams. And I can't even relax everyday I wake up and my immediate though is revision and when I get to it I just cry over it. I'm just sick of it. I don't really know if there is any help I can get, I'm just trying so hard and it means nothing. It's just a rant because I'm tired and I don't want to care about my grades but I've worked so hard for nothing.

babe I'm literally feeling the same way as you :/ but considering you've already had two, that means you're finishing in 3 weeks so surely that's enough to keep pushing. are you planning on going to uni next year?
Reply 2
Original post by onlinegyaah
babe I'm literally feeling the same way as you :/ but considering you've already had two, that means you're finishing in 3 weeks so surely that's enough to keep pushing. are you planning on going to uni next year?

My last exam is the 23rd June, I wanna keep pushing but right now I just want to do nothing. Yeah I want to go Uni cause then I can actually do something I enjoy and that’s coursework which is easier for me, but the grades I need for my first choice there i not way I will achieve
My last exam is the 23rd June, I wanna keep pushing but right now I just want to do nothing. Yeah I want to go Uni cause then I can actually do something I enjoy and that’s coursework which is easier for me, but the grades I need for my first choice there i not way I will achieve

i completely feel you, the last thing I want to do is retake the whole year :/ what grades do you need? And is there chance for a foundation year?
Reply 4
i completely feel you, the last thing I want to do is retake the whole year :/ what grades do you need? And is there chance for a foundation year?

That's the thing though the las thing I'd want to do it retake a whole year. I need ABB, for one of the course's, I do have a lifeline as my insurance choice is unconditional, I'd just feel disappointed if I didn't get into my firm. I think there is an option for a foundation year, but then it may just be useless as I'm going over thing's I already know.
That's the thing though the las thing I'd want to do it retake a whole year. I need ABB, for one of the course's, I do have a lifeline as my insurance choice is unconditional, I'd just feel disappointed if I didn't get into my firm. I think there is an option for a foundation year, but then it may just be useless as I'm going over thing's I already know.

honestly, retaking a whole year of this would make my mental health worsen even more. Just know that you are not alone and there's so many people like us feeling the same way. WOuld clearing be an option for you? is the insurance choice somewhere you'd be happy? where would the firm be? I'm assuming you're applying for something STEM wise from the sounds of your exams and foundation year, correct me if I'm wrong x
I finish on the 23rd of June as well it's not far away at all compared to the amount of time you have spent studying for A levels. Keep pushing and if you don't mind me asking what A levels are you doing?
Reply 7
honestly, retaking a whole year of this would make my mental health worsen even more. Just know that you are not alone and there's so many people like us feeling the same way. WOuld clearing be an option for you? is the insurance choice somewhere you'd be happy? where would the firm be? I'm assuming you're applying for something STEM wise from the sounds of your exams and foundation year, correct me if I'm wrong x

Yeah, that's my thought track about retaking a year, I think it would be a little bit of a waste of time. I think clearing would be fine, it's just finding the right Uni to go to. I think I'd be fine with the insurance which is Uclan and my firm is Lancaster, I'd just be disappointed if I didn't get in. I do humanity subject's, it's the fact that I feel fine with the content it's the issue that there's an insane amount to know and the exams, because it struggle in exam setting's, which makes it worse
Reply 8
Original post by user123456324
I finish on the 23rd of June as well it's not far away at all compared to the amount of time you have spent studying for A levels. Keep pushing and if you don't mind me asking what A levels are you doing?

I do English Literature, History and Theology. Theology is an insane amount of content to know. I feel like for the other two I know the content, trying to anyhow, it's just the exam setting that is frustrating. I know it's not far I just want it to be over with
Yeah I do A Level Religious Studies WJEC/EDUQAS and its ridiculous the amount of content and you only get tested on 6/72 subthemes which rlly ****es me off because its a bit of luck of the draw on which one comes up and how well you know it.
I do English Literature, History and Theology. Theology is an insane amount of content to know. I feel like for the other two I know the content, trying to anyhow, it's just the exam setting that is frustrating. I know it's not far I just want it to be over with
Reply 10

If you want to feel better just know I got way worse grades than you not anywhere near ABB :wink:

omg I do english lit!! it's not my best subject but the recent exam literally made me panic sm in the hall i defo messed it up. the coursework is also **** so I probs set out to get a C :,(
I totally understand your exam situation. in the mocks, it wasn't too bad but now it's horrible because you know that this determines everything and UGHHHHHH
Reply 12
omg I do english lit!! it's not my best subject but the recent exam literally made me panic sm in the hall i defo messed it up. the coursework is also **** so I probs set out to get a C :,(
I totally understand your exam situation. in the mocks, it wasn't too bad but now it's horrible because you know that this determines everything and UGHHHHHH

My deadass is struggling for a D at this point
Reply 13
but why is a D lowkey good though :h:
Original post by Philemon4
but why is a D lowkey good though :h:

stop....do you do OCR? i'm dreading next week after paper 1 >_<
Reply 15
That's the issue, even the teacher told us it's an insane amount to know. So I may know other's better than one, I do find it ridiculous because it separated as well into Ethics, Philosophy and Christianity, which just makes it worse

Original post by user123456324
Yeah I do A Level Religious Studies WJEC/EDUQAS and its ridiculous the amount of content and you only get tested on 6/72 subthemes which rlly ****es me off because its a bit of luck of the draw on which one comes up and how well you know it.
Reply 16
Original post by Philemon4
If you want to feel better just know I got way worse grades than you not anywhere near ABB :wink:

What did you end up doing after A-levels then. Or is this speaking about mocks, because my mocks went so much better than anything now
Reply 17

It's an issue with me because I actually enjoy English lit and to continue onto a degree, it's just the way I have to do exams when the actually course I will go onto it Coursework based, which I find so much easier. It's when I'm writing I stop and start and then with the questions, I have so much knowledge but then only have a select amount to write about, when if it was coursework I have a broader area, it's just not very efficient
Reply 18

Heya!
I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling overwhelmed and frustrated with your A-levels. It's normal to have moments of doubt and stress during this challenging period :frown: Remember that you're not alone in these feelings, and many students go through similar experiences. Don't be too hard on yourself and remember that your worth extends beyond your grades. Take breaks, practice self-care, and try to approach your studies with a balanced mindset. You've come this far with your hard work, and your efforts will contribute to your personal growth and development, regardless of the outcome!

Good luck!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest