The Student Room Group

Fun hypothetical situation!

(edited 6 years ago)
Do we assume that he doesn't believe that homosexuals were disliked by 'god' or that this teaching has stuck with him?
Original post by Reaver Daniels
Well if he's an agnostic then he doesn't view a god as existing so there is no God to dislike them? And from what I said in the original post is it not obvious that the teaching hasn't stuck (he's an agnostic and evolutionist)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mm, I know that, what I mean is that a lot of people that reject the religion they're brought up with often find they unintentionally believe in some of the principles later in life so he could go on feeling uncomfortable about homosexuality.

Regardless, I think it would be more a case of it being exposed in the Daily Mail or something, a bit of a hoo-ha for a few days with a statement from PM saying he's left it all behind etc and then it all just blowing over within a couple of weeks, only for the opposition to perhaps bring it up a few years later as a weak attempt to embarrass him.
👍😜

Seriously though... thoughts on my question? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well he can tell the people that creationism is fact but it's only a matter time before people start asking questions like Charles Darwin did... There's only so many questions regarding how we got here that can be answered by the Bible or Koran or whatever
Haha the daily mail are such buffoons! Hmm perhaps, although I personally know various ex religious people that campaign in LGBT movements (although that's only anecdotal evidence I guess).

So you don't think the public would care about his/her education?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasn't claiming all ex-religious people are homophobic at all, my family are very religious, I suppose it came out wrong.

Education of MPs obviously does come up quite often with over a quarter of them being Oxbridge educated, however, I think the 'scandalous' nature of his education would quite easily be forgotten. It seems that the general public just get bored of these things once they've had their rant about it and got bored of the numerous articles.

I do think some of those that support the opposition would bring it up in debate about the PM though, in the same way some lefties like bringing up the Bullingdon club etc
Yes, but in this hypothetical situation the PM is an agnostic and evolutionist who doesn't believe in creationism anyway.

The question is despite the above ^ do you think the public and media would make a big thing of it anyway or do you think they wouldn't care?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, it really depends if he imposes new laws to suit his interests... like banning Mosques and Synagogues that would cause a big uproar but if he keeps his beliefs to himself then I don't think anyone would be bothered...
Depends on his party. If he was Labour, it'd be front page news in The Sun every week. "LABOUR LEADER IS A HOMOPHOBE AND EVOLUTION-DENIER". If he was Conservative, it'd be swept under the rug and forgotten about in a couple of days (remember when David Cameron shagged a pig?)

How we view public figures is almost entirely determined by the media, I think people seriously underestimate this. They managed to make us hate Ed Miliband for looking like Wallace and eating a bacon sandwich funny, and they managed to make us forget about Tory election fraud within days of it being discovered.

Every so often someone comes along that manages to gain support in spite of their portrayal in the media, like Trump or Farage. We seem to have developed this strange idea that if someone is being an ******** and saying nasty things, they must be more honest than everyone else, and the media must be out to get them.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending