The Student Room Group

Question regarding Clearing 2023

Hypothetically, If I were to get grades higher than that required of my firm insurance, and there was a university that offers clearing with originally higher grade requirements than my firm insurance (requirements that I now meet with my results), could I get into that uni via clearing?

The key difference being that I haven’t been rejected by either my firm or insurance and in contrast I’ve “over exceeded”.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by moalz
Hypothetically, If I were to get grades higher than that required of my firm + insurance, and there was a university that offers clearing with originally higher grade requirements than my firm+insurance (requirements that I now meet with my results), could I get into that uni via clearing?

The key difference being that I haven’t been rejected by either my firm or insurance and in contrast I’ve “over exceeded”.

You would need to decline any offer you hold then apply to the other university through. Whether they will make you an offer only they will know.
Original post by moalz
Hypothetically, If I were to get grades higher than that required of my firm + insurance, and there was a university that offers clearing with originally higher grade requirements than my firm+insurance (requirements that I now meet with my results), could I get into that uni via clearing?

Yes. As @swanseajack1 says, you'd need to decline your firm place (there's a button in UCAS Hub to do that) before you could formally apply via Clearing to the other university.

Before you did that, it would be wise to call them and explain your situation. There might be reasons why they'd be unable to accept you. For example, sometimes a course is in Clearing but only for international students. Or it might be that it looks like you meet the requirements, but there's some subtle requirement you've misread or misunderstood. You don't want to find this out only after having declined your firm place. Hence the need to talk to the other university first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending