The Student Room Group

Are LNAT universities better? Should I do the LNAT?

Was prepping for the LNAT but now idk if I should keep doing it? Should I choose at least 2 LNAT unis?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by imloki
Was prepping for the LNAT but now idk if I should keep doing it? Should I choose at least 2 LNAT unis?

Hi, I think it depends where you want to go. For example, if you wanted to go to London, the majority of the well known unis are LNAT unis, and the majority of the Russell group unis require the LNAT. I did the LNAT last year, and only applied to 2 LNAT unis in the end (as there was a bit of confusion with my application). My school recommend no more than 3 LNAT unis just to be safe, but if you do decide to do the LNAT, that's a choice you can make closer to the time
It's still possible to go to some great unis without the LNAT, but taking it will open up more choices for you! (Plus, if you've started prepping, it might be nice to follow through with the work)
I hope that helps! let me know if you have any other questions
Reply 2
OK thank you for the advice. Tbh, I find the LNAT multiple choice actually quite fun to do so maybe I'll continue preparing for that first. It's just that the only LNAT university I want to get into is LSE but since it's so competitive I don't know if I should even try haha. I guess I still got time to decide.
Reply 3
Original post by imloki
OK thank you for the advice. Tbh, I find the LNAT multiple choice actually quite fun to do so maybe I'll continue preparing for that first. It's just that the only LNAT university I want to get into is LSE but since it's so competitive I don't know if I should even try haha. I guess I still got time to decide.

I agree! The LNAT format is fun and I really enjoyed writing my essay in the exam (although I found the timings quite stressful).
Don't worry too much about the LNAT score, LSE look at the essay too (unlike Kings who say they don't even look at it) and I know someone who didn't do great in the LNAT and still got a Cambridge interview and an offer from LSE so as long as the rest of your application is strong (which it probably will be if you find the LNAT fun) a hypothetical lower score won't ruin your chances
Reply 4
Oh! Kings don't look at the LNAT essay? Thanks for telling me. I didn't really look into King's course in detail. Maybe I have a higher chance of getting into Kings then. I feel like my essay skills are lacking compared to my MCQs.
Reply 5
Original post by imloki
Oh! Kings don't look at the LNAT essay? Thanks for telling me. I didn't really look into King's course in detail. Maybe I have a higher chance of getting into Kings then. I feel like my essay skills are lacking compared to my MCQs.

I've just checked (I was panicking a bit about giving you the wrong info) and Kings don't look at the essay.
This website might be helpful for looking at average scores/ what unis look for in the LNAT (it's the 2022 results though)
https://www.uniadmissions.co.uk/lnat/guides/lnat-results-explained/
Reply 6
Thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending