The Student Room Group

It would appear that the world is on the brink of another great recession?

All of the economic forecasters are predicting a crash, that will make 2008 look like small fries. I understand that most of you are not homeowners, but even still a crash of this magnitude will make your parent's lives difficult, as house prices and pension funds will be affected. How do you think this will affect you, and what do you think that we as a country, can do to avoid it??
The Almanis crowd predicts that there is only about a 1 in 4 chance that global economic growth will slow to 2% or less in 2015, the commonly accepted number for a global recession: Will global economic growth slow to 2% or less in 2016? That doesn't mean it couldn't happen in 2017 or 2018 though.
I honestly doubt you know what you're even saying - economists aren't exactly well-known for their accurate predictions. the fact that they even make such predictions at all is baffling seeing as so few of them are ever correct.
Its an inevitability that it will happen someday.. though I dont think it will be for few years yet.

Honestly I think I can come out of it bettern the most. I have an indefinatly renewable chinese visa, and own a business in china.. Now I am not saying that china will be uneffected, but I think it will likely whether the next recession better then a lot of countries with.

(however at somepoint in chinas future a big crash is coming, and I don't want to be around to see that).

To be honest, considering most of my assets are in china, any weakening of the pound would not be terrible news for me in the long-term, given it would give me a great opportunity to transfer wealth at a decent rate, before normality (hopeful resumes)
Reply 4
While there's no doubt that we will eventually see a big recession due to failing to learn the lessons of the last, there are few if any credible economic forecasters forecasting recession in the short to medium term bar a light recession if Brexit occurs.

Your scaremongering like the people who said the world would collapse last summer after the market correction.
Reply 5
Original post by Rakas21
While there's no doubt that we will eventually see a big recession due to failing to learn the lessons of the last, there are few if any credible economic forecasters forecasting recession in the short to medium term bar a light recession if Brexit occurs.

Your scaremongering like the people who said the world would collapse last summer after the market correction.

so it looks like my £250 crypto currency investment is safe then?!?
You ask 10 economists you get 10 different opinions
Reply 7
Original post by ODES_PDES
You ask 10 economists you get 10 different opinions

I thought you got nearer 15.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending